Visco-loc issues

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I've always had 4 good rooster tails when going through mud with the renegade. Lately the right front tire doesn't seem to engage like it used to. Is there wearing parts inside the diff that can be replaced to fix this. I have about 2800 km on the ATV now . If you know my driving style you could say I'm a bit hard on it. If you don't go to my profile and watch the mm5 trailer video.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a BIT hard on it, you say!:eek:

There are parts that are subject to wear; clutch packs, springs, bearings, etc.

The diff itself comes as an assembly and will not be cheap. Add to that bearings, seals, oil, shims, 2-3 hours labor and possibly pinion and crown gears.

Three suggestions before you pull yours apart:
  1. Change the oil. Visco-locs are sensitive to clean oil of the right grade and weight.
  2. Look for a used one
  3. Ride just a bit hard so the front wheels don't tough the ground... you won't know you have a problem.:d

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I've always had 4 good rooster tails when going through mud with the renegade. Lately the right front tire doesn't seem to engage like it used to. Is there wearing parts inside the diff that can be replaced to fix this. I have about 2800 km on the ATV now . If you know my driving style you could say I'm a bit hard on it. If you don't go to my profile and watch the mm5 trailer video.

Prolly still on waranty isn't it :confused: You might have to take it to a dealer somewhere out of province though and call yourself John Doe :rolling:

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Prolly still on waranty isn't it :confused: You might have to take it to a dealer somewhere out of province though and call yourself John Doe :rolling:

Warranty is out as of Jan 2010.

I'll take Garry's advise and change the oil again. I changed that several times, every time I break an axle I change the oil. Maybe I'll flush it then run some amsoil synthetic, and see if its better.

Just a BIT hard on it, you say!

What do you mean, Its almost Lady driven.:lie:

Last edited:
Top Bottom