Valve Stem

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were out on the weekend and one guy ripped his valve stem off. We had a spare but did not want to break the bead so inserted the new stem in to the compressor and held against old stem to inflate the tire. Coated a tin screw with patch glue and screwed in to the broken off stem. Worked pretty well.

I read somewhere about stems that could be installed from the outside. Does anybody know where to find these? Sure would be handy to carry a couple.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We lost a valve stem last year and used a tire plug folded in half and we rode hard for the rest of the day and this happened before lunch. We were surprised how it worked. But Im not sure where to get what your loooking for though. I carry one of those emergency tire repair kits and they work great, they come with plugs, patches, and a C02 cartridge for and there quite good. Bought mine at Argyll Motorsports.

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have been out and had problems over the years try to keep a little bit of everything in the box you never know whats going to happen i see to many people put on a cooler (not sure whats in it ) and head out we usally catch up and there broke down i have spent many a hour helping out but i say it the way it is leave some of the cocktails at home or in camp and put some tools on your bike i might not be there to help next time good thinking to get your bikes out

Top Bottom