utv cages

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our office runs the Polaris Ranger, can't beat the ride of it in the 6x6, we also had to go with an aftermarket ROPS on all of ours.

The stock one is REALLY weak, we had one roll on its side and slightly on its roof and tipped back to its side. The top was damaged enough that it oculd not be used again thats for sure, and this was very slow motion roll.

I will find out the name of the new system we bought, it is very strong with no bolted together sections that are a real weak point. I do know that it is no longer a tube design but a box design tube, seems much stronger.

zquadnut

Reaction score
Saw a Teryx at Harmon Valley Rally that went over and the cage laid right over. ROPS my @$$.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt ROPS a designation for industrial equipment such a bulldozers backhoes and such. ROPS certification meands that the structure must withand a roll over and protect the operator of the machine.

That being said the atv's are not likely to have ROPS certification so these structures are not intended to protect the operator in the event of a roll over. Take your car or truck for instance. no ROPS certification.

the fact of the matter is these machines were designed to operate with the shiney side up. Take it from there.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SAE Home > Publications > Papers

Rops Field Performance--A Status Report
Document Number: 800679

Date Published: April 1980

Author(s):
Jack L. Woodward - Woodward Associates, Inc.
Stephen Swan - U.S. Bureau of Mines, Twin Cities Mining Research Center

Abstract:
The question, "Are ROPS providing adequate operator protection?" is addressed by conducting analyses of rollover accidents and reviewing ROPS certification test data. It was found that ROPS generally exceed structural performance requirements and do reduce the number of injuries and deaths due to rollovers on mining and construction machines. It was also determined that the severity of rollovers vary widely between different types of machines, that quality control during ROPS fabrication is very important, and the chances of surviving a rollover are enhanced substantially by wearing a seat belt.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
:nopics:............
My rental RZR got rolled yesterday by a client and the cage held up very well, the front and rear fenders, top attach points for the harness and safety webbing not so well :eek:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My rental RZR got rolled yesterday by a client and the cage held up very well, the front and rear fenders, top attach points for the harness and safety webbing not so well :eek:

that sucks,,,, damn renters :nono:.....I FEEL UR PAIN......:realmad:
BE NICE IF JUST ONCE THEY DIDNT DRIVE IT LIKE IT WAS STOLEN.....

T

Top Bottom