Upgraded from modded '08 154 to Stock '12 163 Etec. Mods?

Side Show

Reaction score
I just sold my modded '08 154 to a stock '12 163 X with e-start and a can. I was wondering how many guys out there vent their etec sleds. I vented the sh!t out of my '08 and never had a problem with heat. Should I vent it or leave it? If yes then who is making the best vents? I was looking at Xtreme air vents or MoFlow. I also had a floated TEAM secondary on my old sled. I loved how that clutch performed. Is it worth doing the same thing to the 2012? Or should I leave it alone? Is a post forward kit worth it? Thanks for the input.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like vents I plan on venting my xm when I get it. They say that the big belt guard keeps the clutches cool but I still think venting would help out.

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Post forward and t motion is nice on the '12.

A few minor vents to let exhaust air pass is all that is needed.

sent from a top secret location

cadman22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just sold my modded '08 154 to a stock '12 163 X with e-start and a can. I was wondering how many guys out there vent their etec sleds. I vented the sh!t out of my '08 and never had a problem with heat. Should I vent it or leave it? If yes then who is making the best vents? I was looking at Xtreme air vents or MoFlow. I also had a floated TEAM secondary on my old sled. I loved how that clutch performed. Is it worth doing the same thing to the 2012? Or should I leave it alone? Is a post forward kit worth it? Thanks for the input.

I have a full team tied clutch set up for a 2012 if you are interested

Side Show

Reaction score
I have a full team tied clutch set up for a 2012 if you are interested

I am interested. Does the team tied conversion float the secondary? What do you want for it? Why are you getting rid of it? How many miles on it?

Side Show

Reaction score
Haha thought it was sold for $6000, but the fellow wanted to pay me $1000 at a time. Anybody need an 08? $5500...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom