Type of oil for diamond drive?

Sleddingdad

Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering what type of oil to put in my m7 diamondrive? I read something about a type of grease?....... The diamond drive only holds 3 oz, I was told? Is this true?
Thanks for all your info for myself and my wife. We really appreciate it.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering what type of oil to put in my m7 diamondrive? I read something about a type of grease?....... The diamond drive only holds 3 oz, I was told? Is this true?
Thanks for all your info for myself and my wife. We really appreciate it.

I would check with your dealer. some models hold more than 3 oz. so I'm told. As far as what type I would assume that any synthetic gear oil would work just fine but there again check with your dealer.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes it only holds 3 oz and ive been using syn gear oil in mine for 5 years now works great and a little quieter than the ac stuff

Sleddingdad

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Been using synthetic for my summit. Reassurance goes a long way.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but if your changing the oil,there is only a drain no fill so i remove the dd,separate the case halfs and clean it out really well takes about an hour and then you can also check your bearings and gears inside

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on year of DD it's 3oz or 12oz I beleive. My 06 takes 3oz. Been using Amsoils series 2000 synthetic chaincase oil. Runs smoother and a lot quieter.

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on year of DD it's 3oz or 12oz I beleive. My 06 takes 3oz. Been using Amsoils series 2000 synthetic chaincase oil. Runs smoother and a lot quieter.

12 oz in the models with reverse 3 os without... I use cat and change it every spring before sled gets put away

Top Bottom