turbo m7 or turbo m8

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 06' m7 that arctic cat was oh so nice and put a new warrantied motor and clutch and have been wondering if I should put a turbo kit on it or just buck up and buy a new m8 and turbo it if any one has some opinions or suggestions that would be great. if I do sell it i have 2006 m7 efi with a motor and clutch with "0" km's on it with tons of aftermarket accessories let me know!

RatedX

Reaction score
whatever you decide, Twisted Turbo's is the kit to get.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if I were to sell it rite now i would be asking $7500 for goodies it has the tunnel and seat converted to 2010 m8, brtech thrasher hood, fox float shocks, 2 wheel kit, torque arm relocater kit, new rails, just redid all the fox shocks to make them new again,brand new motor with porting and machining done at terra alps installed on dec 4 2009, speedwerx y and main pipe mbrp can, timbersled dual air intake, boondocker box with nitrous installed but never been used.

freehand

Reaction score
if I were to sell it rite now i would be asking $7500 for goodies it has the tunnel and seat converted to 2010 m8, brtech thrasher hood, fox float shocks, 2 wheel kit, torque arm relocater kit, new rails, just redid all the fox shocks to make them new again,brand new motor with porting and machining done at terra alps installed on dec 4 2009, speedwerx y and main pipe mbrp can, timbersled dual air intake, boondocker box with nitrous installed but never been used.
I have a 2008 Apex 4 stroke which might be better for turboing I'd trade you strait across for the cat? tks

SledJunky

Reaction score
hey freehand i have a 06 m7 that i would consider trading you start accross for.Very good shape 800 miles on it. All services done by a cat dealer. Let me no and we will figer somthing out

snowngo

Reaction score
Hi i know from talking to guys with AC turbos that they seem to like the ones at Mountain Magic I don,t own one so best talk to them . the young guy I was talkimg to had this turbo for ( AC 800 .08 ) 3 years. Looked yery good and fast made my sled look like a rock LOL cheers !

BOOSTCAT

Reaction score
Since your sled is pretty much new again, I would just install a turbo on your M7! It is a crisp running setup to start with. That way you dont have to pay for parts you already have.

You should also ask yourself what kind of riding do you want to do?
Boondocking or hillclimb?
Im a boondocker so i like the two stroke!

I just fabbed my own pump gas kit on my 09 M8 with an Aero 66 and the Boondocker ADA and I am really happy with the results so far.

rockEZ

Reaction score
hey im thinking about fabing up my own turbo what type of turbo is aero 66 and did u use an intercooler? and how was the tunning?

BOOSTCAT

Reaction score
Aerocharger makes the Aero 66.
I am not running an intercooler as of right now but I have been debating it. I want to put a guage in to read my charge temps and decide! I am happy with the zero lag of not having an intercooler but it will also be at the sacrifice of HP!
Last year I ran the Boondocker box with the Air Density Advantage on it. I wasnt overly impressed with the mapping. Seems to me like the maps overlap eachother to much and I found it hard to dial in.
This year I picked up the PCV with the auto tune and lcd. So far it has been pretty good for tuning at home. Easy to set up and the auto tune is a nice option. The only pain in the ass is having to use a computer to adjust your base maps which will not be cool as we are on a mountain!
Planning on heading out to the mountains this weekend to test it out.
Wish me luck!

Top Bottom