tuning for a can??

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a can on both sleds I currently own, and did not have to do any tuning to either one. I sold my brother a 2001 mx-z 800 with 2000 kms this past summer. after hearing how my sleds sounded, he bought a can from martin, he wanted the pipe too, but they advised against putting the pipes on that sled. ( i did check when i bought it, it has had the update on the pistons done). He was out riding today, and said that it ran horribly, any suggestions??

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:confused:The can shouldent make a difference as long as it's sealing properly.It would have to be leaking pretty bad to cause a problem.How old is the fuel,and the plugs?

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's the thing, i am crazy anal about taking care of my stuff. and being my little brother, i put new sliders, carbides, plugs, re-did the shocks, new plugs, and he's already put two tanks of gas. the sled is in amazing shape, low miles, not a problem to address.

i am thinking probably just a plug wire?? a friend of mine was riding with him today and said that it had spark, just running a little rough, maybe when the plug is in the wire bends a way that it just dosen't get enough power to the plug???? they all filled up at the same spot and the other two guys had no problems with the fuel.

he is new to sledding, and dosen't understand that it involves a 2 stroke, which is basically a air copressor with a bunch of oil and fuel dumped in, they are pretty much designed to blow up.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't see the can making a difference.:confused:Hmmm...I'd have a quick peek with a bend-a-light...just in case.:(

Top Bottom