tuning ? brute force 750

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy's Brute force 750 is sputtering and hesitating after installing exhaust and bigger jets, dealer says to adjust air/fuel mixture. Anyone have a procedure or tech manual for doing this. Thanx

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy's Brute force 750 is sputtering and hesitating after installing exhaust and bigger jets, dealer says to adjust air/fuel mixture. Anyone have a procedure or tech manual for doing this. Thanx

Check this site out and it will give you all the Brute Force answers you will ever need. It took me numerous tries to get the jetting right after installing k&n filter, hmf pipe, snorkels etc but it was well worth the time.....

Important Threads For Kawi Owners...Quicklinks

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the air box put back together correctly? With filter and lid installed? If so, is it sealed to the carbs? Those carb slide will flutter if they air box vacuum is not correct.

Is the rear cylinder jetted fatter?

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the air box put back together correctly? With filter and lid installed? If so, is it sealed to the carbs? Those carb slide will flutter if they air box vacuum is not correct.

Is the rear cylinder jetted fatter?

I'm not sure the dealer did the jets so I would hope that everything went back together right, but you never know.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure the dealer did the jets so I would hope that everything went back together right, but you never know.

So He took it to the dealer after he put the exaust on to get it jetted? If this is the case, tell him to take it back to the dealer and get it right.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would suggest it go back to the dealer and have them make it run at no additional cost.

The fuel/air mixture screw(s) might resolve the problem if it is idling rough or hesitates for a second when snapping the throttle to WOT from idle. But really this adjustment should be done with a sync indicator (guage) on the carbs.

I suspect this machine is idling ok but studders or/and pops back through the carb at 1/3 to full throttle. If this is the case, then it is a vacuum problem somewhere between the air box, air filter, and carbs. The carbs slides are open in response to throttle plate position and then slams closed when there is inadaquate vacuum at the carb inlets; this slide action will happen 10-15 time per second.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The brute's are jetted fat right from the factory and you would be alright to leave the stock jets in with what ever type of exhaust kit he may have put on as long as it wasn't a dual exhaust kit. You would still be okay to use stock jetting w/ a Dyna teck module but if using a VDI module then you would also have to go to bigger jets. Check out the brute 750 section on the kawieriders site for some good tips and pointers. You could even send funky10 a pm, maybe he can answer some of your questions.

Top Bottom