triple pipe viper

frankb

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this web site but it looks really interesting . I,m wondering if anyone can help me with jetting for a yamaha viper with slp triple pipes. Mine did not run very well at easter. I think it has to do with the staggered compression ratio . Do I have to jet my machine leaner on number one cylinder ? This cylinder is the one which was very wet.

Thankyou in advance For any help.

frankb

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure about Yamaha but my old polaris triple,I did exactly that,number one cylinder down two sizes from the other two!Worked for me!Just make sure thats the problem and check your plugs right away!
catmando!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Jetting

I believe you're right, just remember that the pto side cylinder will run hotter than the other 2 and the middle cylinder may run hotter than the magneto cylinder. I believe with the triple pipes each cylinder was jetted 1 size differently, to prevent meltdown................:eek: you're on the right track

animal jim

Reaction score
I have a viper with triple slp pipes and I have the same jetting in all carbs and it runs perfect. People have told me about jetting differently on each cylinder but I went off the jetting specs that was given to me by Hartman and it works fine with them all jetted the same but not factory jets.

animal jim

Reaction score
Hartman inc out of Idaho is the best guy to get yammy aftermarket products. he only deals in yammies and I believe he told me he rides a 01 sxr

Top Bottom