Trailer load width!

Ranarampage

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows how wide a load can be on a trailer. I am planning on side loading a rzr 800 77 inch wheels base side by side on my 79 inch trailer bed. I will have over a foot of over hang on each side. I thought I read somewhere the max width is 8.6 feet and the rzr measures at 8.58. I have seen people load them like this before but I am not sure if it is legal.
Thanks for the help again guys

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anything 8 foot 5-6 ish needs a wide load sign if over. I have seen it too... Guess if u don't get caught Ur good.

Get caught and its going to be $$$

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8 feet 4 inches I believe is the limit, there was a thread here that someone had posted legal limits, both width and overhang. Just a matter of finding it

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty sure it is 8"-6" before you will run into problems and need wide load signs
my arctic fox holiday trailer is a wide body and it is 8'-6" wide

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty sure it is 8"-6" before you will run into problems and need wide load signs
my arctic fox holiday trailer is a wide body and it is 8'-6" wide
That's what I understand too. Our log trucks have 8'6" wide bunks on the trucks but only 8' on the trailer.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same with toyhaulers they are 8' 6".

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8'6" is the max trailer or deck width.
You can overhang a foot with flagging and a red light for night time.

Ranarampage

Reaction score
So i called and found it is 8.6 inchs like everyone stated and 2/3 thirds of the overal object can over hang equally but has to be flagged with a red flag or something like that.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same with toyhaulers they are 8' 6".

That's with the side ladder removed. Lots of toyhaulers are 8 foot 6 and have ladders sticking out the drivers side.

This style have removable ladders that people usually leave on.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
And to be 8'6 I think you have to have the proper clearance lights on the truck cab (or top front and rear top of trailer) like a big trucks or all dually trucks to show oncoming traffic you can be 8'6 at night ...another reason why decks shouldn't be on 1/2 tons :smiliestirthepot: I know our semi trucks and trailers are 8'6 to the outside of the duals but almost 11' to the outside of the mirrors :confused: not sure how to explain that one

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's with the side ladder removed. Lots of toyhaulers are 8 foot 6 and have ladders sticking out the drivers side.

lol...I'm that guy.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8 foot 6 inches good to know, not sure where I read the other. ain't the internet great?

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And to be 8'6 I think you have to have the proper clearance lights on the truck cab (or top front and rear top of trailer) like a big trucks or all dually trucks to show oncoming traffic you can be 8'6 at night ...another reason why decks shouldn't be on 1/2 tons :smiliestirthepot: I know our semi trucks and trailers are 8'6 to the outside of the duals but almost 11' to the outside of the mirrors :confused: not sure how to explain that one

mirrors are exempt from overwidth regulations.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya but mine folds up against the wall so its a legal side ladder.

Top Bottom