trailer flooring

hcr ditch banger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This has probally been asked before i would like to refinish the floor in my enclosed trailer an install super glides an etracks. any sugestions on what to use . roll on box liner,homehardware hardrock , porch paint . please give me some ideas.

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This has probally been asked before i would like to refinish the floor in my enclosed trailer an install super glides an etracks. any sugestions on what to use . roll on box liner,homehardware hardrock , porch paint . please give me some ideas.

When we use to mfg sled decks we used a plastic composite decking, the stuff is virtually bullet proof, but it's expensive and not easy to get. So the next best thing is going with you line of thinking and using glides and then coating the floor. If your current floor is quite clean then I would just give it a rough sanding and then use a solid wood stain. The reason I like stain is that is actually penetrates into the wood, it is also has a very watery consistency which makes it is to roll out. With stain it won't chip or flake off.

If you have oil and gas stains on your floor, then I would give the floor a good sanding, then put down a good primer like kilz, and then top coat it with a good outdoor or even garage paint.

Then install your superglides and e track. I hope this helps out! Also if you want the best deal on superglide send us a pm and will help out.

Thanks

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've used "HomeHardware Hardrock" in my big trailer........works ok and took two coats to get it to look right. I trowelled it on cause rollering it didn't work that well. Decent traction. If I were to do it again , I would tint the primer a dark color (I used grey)....cause where the rockcoat is thinner you can see the primer !!
My last two trailers.......I used "Garage" oil-based paint. Two coats with grit between the two coats. I actually used course table salt as grit. I used quite abit between coats...especially on the ramp !!! So far so good...no complaints yet !!

Top Bottom