track change with big wheels and extroverts

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 04 rev 800 159" needs a new track. Thinking about going to a 162" or 163" x 2.5" if I can find one. I know I need to drop a tooth on the drives for clearance, but what else? I don't plan on extending the rails, just want to have less resistance. Should I go with 8" or 9" big wheel kit? Want to have aluminum with rubber edge and only 2 wheels. What have you seen or are using? Any help would be great. Thanks:confused:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
the 04 rev 800 159" needs a new track. Thinking about going to a 162" or 163" x 2.5" if i can find one. I know i need to drop a tooth on the drives for clearance, but what else? I don't plan on extending the rails, just want to have less resistance. Should i go with 8" or 9" big wheel kit? Want to have aluminum with rubber edge and only 2 wheels. What have you seen or are using? Any help would be great. Thanks:confused:

i have 9 tooth extrovertdrivers with 2.25" track and triple 9" rear wheels on my '06 summit 1000rt, and 9 tooth extrovert drivers with dual 8" rear wheels inboard of the skid on the '04 800 summit....THAT'S WHAT I'M USING.... ANYONE ELSE?

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who has the big wheel kits (2 wheel with offset axle) close to strathmore ab?

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score
Check out some of the site sponsors, they will ship you whatever you want.. Specialty has all sizes designs and colors in stock along with axles..

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help people. I tried getting into pure addictioin site but the only thing that comes up some numbers, pa and cool red clouded page. How do you get in ?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
That would be "in memory of Rory" who passed away in a quad accident that day.
The site will re-open but I'm not sure when.

Thanks for the help people. I tried getting into pure addictioin site but the only thing that comes up some numbers, pa and cool red clouded page. How do you get in ?

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After following Knight's Nytro build he posted a link for CR Racing products and i noticed they have the 2 wheel axle kits and i'm sure they'd ship to you no prob. Same with site sponsor Ken Riech at Specialty Sled's, he has them also.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just made a similar upgrade to my 07 summit,

I damaged my 151", so I went with a 156" with a 2.5" paddle. (with 3.0 pitch) Had to move the skid back 2 inches to make things fit with the stock rails. Decided on the 8" rear wheels with the shorty rear axle (wheels inside the rails), 7 tooth yamaha apex drivers (to get the 3.0 pitch, and they press onto the stock skidoo shaft), and the 19 tooth top gear in the chain case (stock gear for the XRS)

The 7 tooth 3.0 pitch drivers are a much smaller diameter, so I had lots of room for the taller paddles, and the smaller diameter drivers combined with the smaller top gear make for LOTS of additional torque.

I had the whole thing done a mountain magic, they did an excellent job for a reasonable price, I would recommend it

IMG_2089.jpg

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet picture Dean 10, for sure going to check into it further. Thanks for all the help everybody. I'll post pics when I'm done.:d

Top Bottom