Top end break in

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do I need to break in the engine again like it was new, when the top end is the only thing that was done. It says in the book 500km(300 miles) at half throttle. My 2006 700 king doesn't smoke any more but lacks on power, even in low gear it wont lift the front end. It has 27 mud wieser's a heavy duty bumper, winch, and aluminum skid plates front to back, is this to much to ask from this machine. The clutch has the coop 2mm shim mod also. I used up about half a tank of fuel. Do you think it is not broke in yet?:beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have increased the gear ratio from 25' to 27' tires and added weight, it should be down on power, the coop mod will help but you may need a clutch kit. did you do the valves when the head was off? are you running mineral oil or synthetic. you should run a full tank of gas at least, but most important you should be running it hard not easy, so the rings will seat. there are just so many variables.

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do 1 heat cycle, let it cool completely, re-torque engine, then pretty much let it rip. Like said above, you want the rings to seat properly. I like to do the heat cycle, re-torque then go far a ride blipping the throttle. DO NOT lug on the engine during break in.

thats just my opinion. Everyone else has there own way of doing it.

Top Bottom