Tom Renney new Oilers head coach

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has any body heard anything on souray is he gettin traded or are they going to make him put on his big boy panties and actually play this year.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
has any body heard anything on souray is he gettin traded or are they going to make him put on his big boy panties and actually play this year.

thinkin' he's trade bate, along with moreau and a few others for the second round draft pick that florida just picked up tonite from boston......... This is gettin' really interesting now!!!;)

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the chances of us getting 1st & 2nd overall in the draft????

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thinkin' he's trade bate, along with moreau and a few others for the second round draft pick that florida just picked up tonite from boston......... This is gettin' really interesting now!!!;)

yeh but who will want him with his overpaid contract and lack luster year last year. hopefully he puts alittle more effort into this season. that only goes though if he stays on here if he goes elswhere he can play like chit again.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say about the same as stripe buying me a beer......

And I doubt we'll be doing any trading away of the 1st. Boston just picked up their winger (Horton) - now they need a center. Unless they think we are going to pick Seguin - they are unlikely to move any players our way to ensure that pick. The Oil will more than likely choose Hall - I think there would be quite the outcry by the fans if they didn't.

But if we look at the facts, Hall has played and demonstrated chemistry with Eberle (another Oiler who better be donning skates this year). He can also put puck in net.... We don't need both 1st and 2nd picks to excell - we need one of these boys that fits our team and can be groomed into a Top 10 forward!!

OKAY Back on topic....

Hopefully Renney can bring some of his new-er school ideas to a team that is desperate for them. Yes Pat Quinn was supposed to last a couple years and then move on so Renney could take over, but there is obviously a reason the plans were accelerated (possibly last place in the league? :rolleyes:). I won't knock the new guy until I have reason.

As a new season seat holder - I truely hope a new, forward thinking, non-favourites playing coach will turn our team around. It may not fully come to fruition this year, but some results are better than no results.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I doubt we'll be doing any trading away of the 1st. Boston just picked up their winger (Horton) - now they need a center. Unless they think we are going to pick Seguin - they are unlikely to move any players our way to ensure that pick. The Oil will more than likely choose Hall - I think there would be quite the outcry by the fans if they didn't.

But if we look at the facts, Hall has played and demonstrated chemistry with Eberle (another Oiler who better be donning skates this year). He can also put puck in net.... We don't need both 1st and 2nd picks to excell - we need one of these boys that fits our team and can be groomed into a Top 10 forward!!

OKAY Back on topic....

Hopefully Renney can bring some of his new-er school ideas to a team that is desperate for them. Yes Pat Quinn was supposed to last a couple years and then move on so Renney could take over, but there is obviously a reason the plans were accelerated (possibly last place in the league? :rolleyes:). I won't knock the new guy until I have reason.

As a new season seat holder - I truely hope a new, forward thinking, non-favourites playing coach will turn our team around. It may not fully come to fruition this year, but some results are better than no results.

And until then, I like many others will continue to bleed copper and blue! Hopefully less profusely this year.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
And until then, I like many others will continue to bleed copper and blue! Hopefully less profusely this year.

we need one more basement season....

As of march 15th 2 of the top 3 prospects for the 2011 draft in St.Paul are Centres AND Canadian.....

Just sayin....

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we need one more basement season....

As of march 15th 2 of the top 3 prospects for the 2011 draft in St.Paul are Centres AND Canadian.....

Just sayin....

I really hope not! But.... Chicago had a couple bad years and look where they are now!

Top Bottom