To turbo or not to turbo....will I break it is the question.

Anzac RZR

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a 2011 rzr 4. I have all the goodies and accsesorys . Winch , roof , stereo,doors, rims, tires, bumpers, steering wheel , shifter knob, winter cab , skid plate, windshield, lift kit . Now that's done , i now want a little more power. Is a turbo the way to go or engine work with exhaust ?

I am looking for best combination of money spent vs power return balanced with good everyday reliability .

My buddy said buy the 900 but I really like my little blue bus. As my buddies call it.

I trail ride and mud on a regular basis. I am afraid I would swamp a turbo in the skagg.

Any advice?

I see there a lot of turbos out there. Bike man, aero, mxc, and many more. Anyone got any experience with these in the mud?

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of turbos and mud/skeg. To many HOT parts getting splashed with COLD water and such, plus they are more money. Croyer engine kit in the 800 puts out good power!

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think turbos and mud mix too well. I had a supercharged jeep and hit water with it and hydrolocked it and screwed the motor. Bent all of the rods. Turbos are cool in sand in the desert though!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Holz big bore/stroker kit is what you need...........Lots of power/torque about 85 HP same as a 900 apx...........Reliable too !!

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your time with a turbo in the mud and skegg. Alot more heat build up, and that extra power also means when you hook up on a stump in the mud, something else is going to break. I would love the extra power too, but you need to build the rest of the chassis to handle the extra power. More $$$$$$$$$.

Top Bottom