Tires ......yes agian..

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i thought i had pretty much made up my mind for tires on the new 850 XP polaris. I had it narrowed done to the 26'' Bighorns or the ITP XTR's in a 27'' and was almost sure i'd go with the Bighorn.
Recently it was also reccomended to get 27 or 28'' Maxxis Zilla's, after looking at them, i'm agian unsure which one to go with.(are these Zillas a radial like the other 2 choices?)(and are they tough like the bighorn?)
I ride ALL year hard trails,rocks,sand,muskeg/swamp,mud,DEEP snow, almost any condition you can think of and i put on ALOT of miles (about 2000km per yr.) MUST be smooth on hard pack, no wobble or vibrations & very good for everthing OVERALL including longlasting wear. The weight of the tire doesn't really concern me too much, the 850 will turn most anything i'm sure.

I know everyone has an opinion on tires, so here's your chance to let it out, but i do ask to give reasons for your choice. PLEASE DO NOT mention any other tires UNLESS they meet all my needs.
Thank You very much for helping me deciede.
Happy Trails.

farmboy020

Reaction score
I would go with the mudlite xtr's. We have just the normal mudlites not the radials but they are great in everything. A couple friends of mine use the Xtr's and they love them really great on trails and out performs all thew other tires we got on our other machines in all conditions. Hope this helps

feyd

Reaction score
Zillas...had them and they worked great. They are now on my wife's quad....

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
y dont you try something like a 27'' silver back or outlaw, silver back got harder rubber then the oulaws so they would last longer, but i think you would really like tryin a set of real mud tires on your quad, outlaws and silverbacks will walk on anything in the snow.... other then tracks tracks do go further..... give em a try you will lover them.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
For the way you ride zillas or the xtr's the bighorns look cool but not for your style of riding they are better for rocks and sand

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have also noticed another tire that may meet all my needs, the 27" Terracross R/T XD, any thoughts or reviews on this one ????

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
y dont you try something like a 27'' silver back or outlaw, silver back got harder rubber then the oulaws so they would last longer, but i think you would really like tryin a set of real mud tires on your quad, outlaws and silverbacks will walk on anything in the snow.... other then tracks tracks do go further..... give em a try you will lover them.

To my knowledge these tires where designed for mainly one thing in mind MUD,i'm not sure how well they would do for all other riding conditions. Very little of my riding is in the hardcore mud, if i need to i'll go through it, however if there is an easier cleaner way around, most times i'll take that. That being said sometimes out with buddies in the right mood, i'll dive into the mud all day long.
I did a fast look online and it seems the only silverbacks available in 14" rim is 30 &32" , 27 &28" sizes are only 12" rim. The only Outlaws in a 14" rim size that i could find were 31". I did not really want to go any more than about 28" max. Thanks for your input, every bit helps..

Top Bottom