Tire pressure sensors

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of a tire sensor that can only be reset by the dealer? Girlfriends Mitsubishi rvr got a tpms fault when I swapped over to summer tires and rims, and kal tire said only Mitsubishi can clear it. This happened last fall and she went to Edmonton and got it cleared for 50 bucks at the dealer but I don't think we should have to do that every single time since it's 3 hours one way. Is this an issue on all Mitsubishis or am I just lucky?

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are pain in azz. Every time I switch winter to summers have to take to dealer. And every time they rotate them.. Dealerships must hate them! Both my truck and wife's honda

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Most good shops should be able to reset them.... We've done many. Some makes are a pain in the azz, that's for sure. And the odd one we have sent back to the dealer.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got no problems on my ford, when rotating or switching summer to winter. Good thing I dot drive a import

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My ford has no issues either, love everything else about it but 50 bucks and a city trip every spring and fall is a waste of money. I'm not sure of she ever tried the other tire shops in town, maybe it's worth a shot.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are pain in azz. Every time I switch winter to summers have to take to dealer. And every time they rotate them.. Dealerships must hate them! Both my truck and wife's honda

If they get a guaranteed 50 bucks just to clear one code they probably love it. Especially since no one else can do it.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't you just press a button on the dash to make the message go away every time you start the vehicle?

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't you just press a button on the dash to make the message go away every time you start the vehicle?

Part of the message goes away, but it still stays on the screen and the tire symbol is lit up on the dash.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
for $50 and a trip into the city every time (if no one else can reset it), no question i'd be driving around with those lights on. We lived without tpms for 100 years...

yup.... You know how many vehicles have black tape over the lites ;) ..... But i'd still check other shops(even canadian tire out there) and see if they can reset the lite

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
yup.... You know how many vehicles have black tape over the lites ;) ..... But i'd still check other shops(even canadian tire out there) and see if they can reset the lite

Totally agree. I happen to know for a fact that every crown vic in the Sherwood Park RCMP fleet is driving around with that light on. ;)

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree LOL my truck stays on all summer because my sensors are on my winter rims. Doesn't bother me if its just the light but it cover most of her display. Plus her low profile tires are a lot harder to spot if ones a bit low and she isn't the most observant when it comes to vehicle maintenance. .lol

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For $50 and a trip into the city every time (IF no one else can reset it), no question I'd be driving around with those lights on. We lived without TPMS for 100 years...

Yah no shi! A guy from work has to take his suv into Lexus everytime he changes from winter to summer.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of a tire sensor that can only be reset by the dealer? Girlfriends Mitsubishi rvr got a tpms fault when I swapped over to summer tires and rims, and kal tire said only Mitsubishi can clear it. This happened last fall and she went to Edmonton and got it cleared for 50 bucks at the dealer but I don't think we should have to do that every single time since it's 3 hours one way. Is this an issue on all Mitsubishis or am I just lucky?
Our Toyota Sienna awd had to be done by Toyota and I never paid for it ever! Kal tire could not do it either.

Top Bottom