Timbersled vs Cr vs Kmod, etc.....

94YJ

Reaction score
So I have a 2010 nytro 162 with a Alpine rear turbo, Z bros front end and some other minor mods, I would like to replace the rear track w a 162x3" track by camoplast and a new rear skid but which one to buy? Is one better than the other the CR one's look sweet but are expensive and Timbersled look great as well. I'm sure they are all great and each one has there own perks but nothing beats advice from people that have beat on them, thanks any help or advice would be great.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great post.. I'd like to know the difference in the differnet skids.
Which ones are for what, hillclimbing skids, trail/boondocking skid,
Also what about the M-10 & live axle what is this good for?

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Racers Edge is the best IMO. Works awesome, fairly priced and very durable. The best part is, it mounts in the stock location. No need for an expensive install. Can buy just the rear scissor for 2K or the entire skid complete with coupler blocks for 4K.

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running the Timbersled Rear skid 174. I was running the 162 before. It is a good skid. Lots of selection for shocks. They are quick with shipping. It is cheaper than the Racers Edge skid. 6000km on my sled and at least 5000km of that with a timbersled skid. They also stock replacement parts if needed. They have been very helpful with any questions over the years too.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We are in the unique situation that we have 2 Nytro's in our trailer one with a K-Mod suspension with Raptor coil over shocks OFT 2 wheel kit and one with a Timbersled suspension Z-Broz coil over shocks OFT 2 wheel kit both sleds have the Skinz front end kit with the EvolR shock package up front. Both sleds have the full-on black package on them the only difference in the sleds in the seats and the rear suspensions.

Before we put the K-Mod suspension in my sled Larry did alot of research into the different rear suspension manufacturers and for our type of riding, all boondocking and tree riding, hands down K-Mod came out on top. This year Kevin has added the quik-adjuster that allows you to run your suspension from fully uncoupled to fully coupled with a simple adjustment. The way this suspension soaks up the bumps is incredible. We have taken this sled into areas in the last 2 years that we wouldn't have dreamed of taking it before because I would have been stuck. The handling on this sled has improved 100 fold over what it was and that is due in part to the rear suspension changes. Handling on these sleds in 50% rear suspension and 50% front suspension.

Our Nytro with the Timbersled suspension is giving us a bit more grief it isn't handling as well in the same situations. This isn't to knock Timbersled lots of people have these rear skids and are very happy with them. It is just taking alot more work to get this one dialed in and we still aren't there yet.

We ran our Nytro with the K-Mod suspension for a full year before we decided to become dealers because we wanted to have some real life experience with it and see if it was all that we had hoped it would be.

That's our deal we bring in and ride with lots of different products before we actually decide to sell some. Believe me we bring in way more stuff that ends up at the back of the garage than ends up on our product line up!!

Jan

94YJ

Reaction score
Hey thanks for they replies eyerone,
Jan what track do you run on your nytro's and what is the Raptor coil over shock like?

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I have the 153-2 1/2in Camoplast Challenger Extreme track on my sled. I'll tell you going from the stock Maverick track to that one was also a HUGE improvement!!! I love my raptor coil overs. I set them once and bang I am done. I am a 45 year old woman and rolling around in the snow fooling around adjusting the air in my shocks is not my game. I would rather spend my time riding not that my shocks don't need a bit of tweeking every now and again but nothing like an air shock. But if fiddling with your shocks is your thing then there is nothing wrong with some of the other shocks out there it just isn't my deal. The Raptors have a ton of adjustability built into them so you can also adjust them for different riding situations if you want.

Jan

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great post.. I'd like to know the difference in the differnet skids.
Which ones are for what, hillclimbing skids, trail/boondocking skid,
Also what about the M-10 & live axle what is this good for?

Live axel good for nothing ... A chopper ride when it breaks.

The racers edge 174 has to be one of the best skids available, it rides smooth on the rough trails and when it comes time to climb, put magnetic blocks in and go. Works great everywhere and is strong.

craptabulous

Reaction score
The older timbersled rear arm likes to bend , crack then break . Mine has been welded and heavily gusseted . I also find the slides like to seize up . Grease them every ride . Other than that i have no complaints . Looking at the kmod it probably would of done the exact same thing . I like the new timbersled arm much better than the previous one .

Last edited:

94YJ

Reaction score
I talked to a company the other day that was saying that a m-10 supension is the way to go, but i have not decided. I Found a brand new k-mod w raptor shock for 1500 ya 1500 but the luck that I have they had it for a year a could not sell it, but the day I call they just sell it, three days before I call son of a bitch oh well I will keep my eyes peeled for another good deal, anyone have or know anything about CR... keep on ripping.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cr is based on the m-10 but with cr components
It's good skid but not near as strong as racers edge

Top Bottom