Tie Down Points

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Here's a pic of me being really really cheap on tie down points on my 08 xp 154". I used stainless steel handles with Allen head bolts,lock washers and locktite. Works real well and looks good for a total of $10.64 from Home Depot.

Attachments

• my shop 021.jpg
    my shop 021.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 135
  • my shop 022.jpg
    my shop 022.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 124

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the "great" idea and pic's sumx54. I've been looking for ideas for tie down points and tunnel bags. I like the looks of the tunnel bag on sledderglen's machine. I wonder where he got it from and what brand it is?

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice job and very creative:) ... from what I can see from your photos, you don't have any washers between the Stainless hardware and the upper surface of the tunnel? You might want to add Stainless washers or even teflon washers to keep the Stainless parts from wearing into the aluminum tunnel over time? Lots of side load pressure applied to those mounts when the straps are tightened? It would add strength to your mounting points... My 2 cents :)

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks like it was meant to BE there!!! NICE what i really like is the fancy IN SEAT cup holderLOL:D;)

Top Bottom