Thinking about a Phazer MTX for my first sled

revy_realtor

Reaction score
I live in Revelstoke and am mostly going to be trail riding and using it to access some ski-touring terrain. Not interested in high marking or anything like that, just want a reliable sled that won't require a ton of maintenance that my wife can also handle from time to time.

Is there any reason I shouldn't get one of these? Are there other options out there that i'm not seeing?

Thanks

Brendan

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much you willing to spend? the phazer mtx is heavy and seriously under powered.......you would be better off with a 600 rmk or pro

my 700 rmk has been flawless for 4400 miles. one ves bellow tore.......only issue, as for maintenance....grease once a year and change chain case oil once a year.

oh and the rpms were getting lazy and i changed the clutch springs, and got the clutches looked at....

farmerger

Reaction score
I had a 600 Summit. My wife hated it, just too much get up and go right of the start. Bought the MTX and she loves it. I'm a newbie and have taken it into the alpine a couple of times now and have had no issues and tons of fun on it. I'd say it sounds perfect for what you want to do. Only caveat, once someone talks you into doing a hill climb (and it will happen), you'll want more power ASAP. That's when you make it the wife's sled and go out and get yourself the Nytro;)

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a phaser for the girlfriend. Depending on your riding style she found it very tippy. I did everything to it but she still didn't like it. Traded it in for a nytro for myself and she rides the apex now. She loves it. ( the nytro ain't bad either haha)

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have sold quite a few phazer mtxs. and some customers love them some dont for your application it sounds like it would certainly fit the bill.... i have a sister in law who is 53 ish and loves hers ...she lives by the mountains and has mountian ridden i few times... others are not so found of them. we have some new and used in stock... if your not sure a used one may be the way to go.... i have an 07 with 1500 km blow it out off season for 5500.00?

ttpowersports.com

Top Bottom