Thinking about 700 or 800 dragon with boondocker turbo? help all.

whole_control

Reaction score
Website
www.apexautomationltd.com
Hey,

I have been thinking about buying a 700 or 800 turbo. Couple for sale right now with the boondocker set ups. One has a 174 the other 163 both have the intercooler and clutching setup for around 12 lbs...

I am wondering what are the things I should be looking out for? is it worth it or just ride a stock machine again and save my pennies for a new pro turbo? are these machines a headache? hard to tune? change clutch setups for boost? etc etc. Give me all your opinions... just looking for some clarity...

Thanks in advance!

T

MTN Tamer

Reaction score
It's the same old story you hear from everyone, once you ride a turboed sled, you'll never go back to the n/a. I've been riding an 09 dragon 163 with the boondocker setup. I bought it out of the states 2 years ago and it was all setup. The difference between a properly setup turbo and a poorly setup unit is absolutely huge, it can either make you swear by them or just swear at them :) My buddies and I spend virtually all our time in the tightest trees we can find, and I would'nt be without boost again. If your even thinking about makin the move to a turbo, don't hesitate, you won't regret it. Now, along with that "free" glowing review comes the more shameless part of my post... The sales pitch. Haha. I just bought my buddies pro turbo and I've got my dragon for sale. If your interested at all give me a shout and we can chat. Bill 403-485-8514

09 Dragon 163, boondocker turbo/no intercooler. Suspension and turbo setup by Carls Cycle. 300 miles on fresh top end. $7,000 obo

whole_control

Reaction score
Website
www.apexautomationltd.com
Hey bill!

Where were you about 3 days ago! LoL I purchased the same year sled and turbo setup as you. I was wondering if you could help a fellow sled set out though...

I am new to the turbo world and I was wondering what kind of boost and tuning numbers you were using in what areas... ? I appreciate any help. I wish you luck on the sale of your sled.

St0rm77

Reaction score
hey there fellow S&M'ers, i have been looking at a turbo setup as well, i do wanna go with the boondocker rig, but was wondering about longevity on the 09 CFI 800 with the turbo?

Top Bottom