Theft

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JUST THOUGHT THAT I WOULD POST SOME INFO. LAST NIGHT SOME LITTLE P%^#kS BROKE IN TO MY TRUCK RIPPED THE STEERING POST APART AND TRY TO STEEL MY TRUCK. I THINK SOMEONE OR SOMETHING MUST HAVE STARTLED THEM BECAUSE THEY DID NOT GET THE TRUCK. WENT TO THE COP SHOP TO REPORT IT, THEY SAID THAT THERE WERE 5 TRUCKS IN SOUTH EDMONTON STOLEN THAT NIGHT ALL F350'S MINE WOULD HAVE BEEN #6 WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE THESE DAY'S, JUST MY LITTLE RANT.

700 efi guy

Reaction score
we had a problem up here too, they're just a easy target. my best advise, get insurance, don't leave anything in your ride, and leave it unlocked.

RevBlk

Reaction score
we had a problem up here too, they're just a easy target. my best advise, get insurance, don't leave anything in your ride, and leave it unlocked.
Hard to do when traveling. I was in Edm. last spring. Stayed at a higher end hotel in the west end with all night security. Smashed out the door lock on my F350 even though I had the club. Alarm went off and they left it. Probably because it was a stick. Feeling somewhat angry. Dude beside me lost his new F350 with deck & 2 sleds. $100,000 he's out. Poor bugger. For me $200 for the new door handle and I changed it out in a 1/2 hour. I asked to see the security video so I could identify the crack head & possibly go hunting. Sorry no can do it's private. Starting to burn!! If you can believe it Lot boy in the AM tells me no vehicle repairs in the parking lot. WTF? Really burning now!
I calmly walked into the front lobby and LOUDLY announced that I would not stay there again & why.
Hopefully that cost them some business. Sorry for the rant. Now must take meds just thinking about it.
Rev

700 efi guy

Reaction score
if it wasn't locked you wouldn't have needed to repair the truck by the sounds of it. I only gave that advise because it was given to me by people who live where there's a lot of vehicle theft, and who've had their windows smashed.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it wasn't locked you wouldn't have needed to repair the truck by the sounds of it. I only gave that advise because it was given to me by people who live where there's a lot of vehicle theft, and who've had their windows smashed.
The problem with that is insurance balks at paying if it's stolen and found that the doors weren't locked.

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was it a Ford? Had my 06 stolen last October. they found it though, the police told me that fords are the easiest to rip off.Little f---ers

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
his is an 06 king ranch so you can bet your A*$ that we will be chaining that rig to the hotel when we go sleddin this winter.

Zipp

Reaction score

Actually I've heard this too. When my brother drove his Jeep CJ around Vancouver, he used to leave it open too for these same reasons. For the 8 years he drove it around, he only had to replace the rag top one time, the first time he locked it. Then when he left it unlocked, they would simply open the door, root around the glove box, see the wheel club and leave. He used to joke that he left them some change in the ash tray so they wouldnt destroy his ride. It seemed to work.

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My neighbor has a 350 last year he left his bow and hunting gear in the truck parked under the street light who ever the little turds were came along and went to break the window with a piece of cement of course they missed the first time hitting the door than the window and got all his stuff he was not to happy he has been putting his stuff in the garage at nights

Top Bottom