The Actual Costs of a Groomer/Operations

ridndirty

Reaction score
$390,000? I thought the ASA was a non profit organization. How can they justify having that much money left in their account at the end of the year? I've been involved with several non profit clubs over the years, and it usually works out better to have the account at, or near zero at the end of the year, or the government would start asking questions about the non profit status of the club. Maybe if the government asks too many questions, the ASA threatens to take away their trail pass, and ban's them from any further contact with the ASA?

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
$390,000? I thought the ASA was a non profit organization. How can they justify having that much money left in their account at the end of the year? I've been involved with several non profit clubs over the years, and it usually works out better to have the account at, or near zero at the end of the year, or the government would start asking questions about the non profit status of the club. Maybe if the government asks too many questions, the ASA threatens to take away their trail pass, and ban's them from any further contact with the ASA?

Whatever. Get your facts right Mr. Your stuff must be working real good to be whinning here. Non profits are allowed to carry over with long term plans in place.Ask STARS how much they have in place. Some of that is Trail funds and signage that your OLD club has used in the PAST. Also signage,safety and secure long term funding put away for program use.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was the extra money due to trail cleanup at the end of the year, can and bottle returns?

ridndirty

Reaction score
Whatever. Get your facts right Mr. Your stuff must be working real good to be whinning here. Non profits are allowed to carry over with long term plans in place.Ask STARS how much they have in place. Some of that is Trail funds and signage that your OLD club has used in the PAST. Also signage,safety and secure long term funding put away for program use.
Wow, this thread really is one stop shopping. I came here to voice an opinion, and came away with an education, and a cool new nickname! First thing I learned, was that my honest opinion (I read that little gem here somewhere) is considered to be Whinning, and needs to be run through a filter by someone that knows alot more about snowmobiling than I do. The second thing I learned, was that the ASA and STARS are on the same playing field in some people's eyes. I always thought that one was for fun, and the other one was for saving lives. As for my new nickname, the only people that really call me Mr. Are children, or child like. My friends still call me Murray. One other thing Sleddergod, you're not the only one that misses Albert. That was a man that knew what sledding was all about.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, this thread really is one stop shopping. I came here to voice an opinion, and came away with an education, and a cool new nickname! First thing I learned, was that my honest opinion (I read that little gem here somewhere) is considered to be Whinning, and needs to be run through a filter by someone that knows alot more about snowmobiling than I do. The second thing I learned, was that the ASA and STARS are on the same playing field in some people's eyes. I always thought that one was for fun, and the other one was for saving lives. As for my new nickname, the only people that really call me Mr. Are children, or child like. My friends still call me Murray. One other thing Sleddergod, you're not the only one that misses Albert. That was a man that knew what sledding was all about.

Albert was also a very strong ASA supporter. Are you? You can just call me Sledderglen. Thanks Mr. I do know what the ASA does and how they do it. I would like to see the ASA and Stars on the same playing field. Huge public support with many supporting their cause and benifiting from it. We need more supporters and less who are looking at the negatives of any organizations. Just saying. Have a good Christmas.

Top Bottom