Test drove 2010 suzuki king quad 750 power steering

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My local dealership here was nice enough to let me test drive there machine. I have been a brute force guy since they came out in 2005 but tried to keep an open mind about another brand as i am getting tired of the kawasaki product and wanted to give this machine a chance. My overall impression is that this is a great overall machine. If you want ball busting power and the ability to do wheelies whenever you want then this is not the machine for you, but if you are looking for a machine that will get you everywhere you want to go, good power, good handling and great looks then you may want to consider it.

power- could use a little more low end power, geared a little high, I ran in low all day with no need to be in high. Top end power very nice, driving along doing 25 km/h press your thumb down and hang on, this 750 moves. Nothing that a clutch kit could not fix.

electronics- 4x4 engages very quickly, I was riding in deep snow and hardly needed to use the diff lock. Combination of nice system and new Bighorn tires. I did not like the fact that while using the diff lock the engine power gets cut down, but with a simple press of the overide you get ride of this. digital dash is nicely layed out and easy to read. headlights are excellent and get even better when using the third handlbar light.

suspension- very smooth, handles nicely, digs in on the corners. Power steering was nice, a little twitchy and i was tending to oversteer, but this is my first ride on a machine with power steering. I rode all day and was not sore at all, compared to when i ride my brute i have a neck and shoulder ache for two days after. I climbed some steep snow covered hills and was pleasantly surpised of how good this machine climbs and at no time did i feel that it wanted to wheelie up the hill like my brute force, very stable.

cosmetic- I really like the looks of this machine, The one i rode was a camo color and it was very sharp. fit and finish was excellent.

overall- At the start of the day, i was unsure, but by the end of the day i was very happy with it. I am over the fact of needing a huge motor and gobs of power and would sacrifice that for a better all around quad such as the king compared to the brute force. And at this price point, I belive that this might just be "the best bang for the buck" compared to other higher priced units out there.

I am really interested in hearing opinions from people that have driven both the King Quad 750 power steering and the Grizzly 700 power steering. I have not had a chnace to test drive the grizzly yet.

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is going to be power steering on the 2011 kawi BF, might want to wait a little bit.

Yah, i have heard of this but i am on to my 4th brute force since 2005 now and i am kinda getting tired of a big bad motor with nothing else. In my opinion Kawasaki needs to totally re work the brute . I sure hope they change the body style as well as i am sick of the same old look and a terrible line of accessories.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loved my brute but agree, the engine is friggen great but it handled like crap, the painted plastic would peal if you used a pressure washer on it. I'll be watching for the new one to see if they do more than just put EPS on it.

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its official new brute force will have power steering but no change in motor. As far as everything else goes they dont say much, but i am willing to guess that the only change will be power steering. Just one more reason for me to jump ship to another brand of atv. Here is the link to the news release.

Top Bottom