Teryx4 on back of truck

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres a dumb ?? for you guys. If you were to load your Side By Side on back wards would it take some weight off the back wheels and spread it more to the front? With the motor more towards the front end. Just woundering if any of ya have tried. My wife is freacking out about me buying a dually. So triy to see if its possiable to put a RZR 900m on the back of a long box SRW and not be over weight.
Right now my travel trailer is a good 1000# hitch weight, but should be able to shave that down to 650ish, maybe more if I relocate my batteries. I think my Dodge is good for 3200# pay load. So a RZR at 1400# + 650#+ Dog, wife, me, kid, genset....it dont really leave much room for the wife to gain any winter weight! I part Im worried about is it will ALL be on the back wheels, I geuss the equilizer bars. spead it out too.

Friend of mine had cross traxx in lacombe build him a custom ramp set up for his razr 4 for the back of his f350 srw long box it fits with the tail gate up it puts the front wheels above the cab he still pulls his 30 ft jayco holiday trailer and still puts stuff underneath the razr pit seems to be ok first trip out he even took it over corkscrew mountain

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres a dumb ?? for you guys. If you were to load your Side By Side on back wards would it take some weight off the back wheels and spread it more to the front? With the motor more towards the front end. Just woundering if any of ya have tried. My wife is freacking out about me buying a dually. So triy to see if its possiable to put a RZR 900m on the back of a long box SRW and not be over weight.
Right now my travel trailer is a good 1000# hitch weight, but should be able to shave that down to 650ish, maybe more if I relocate my batteries. I think my Dodge is good for 3200# pay load. So a RZR at 1400# + 650#+ Dog, wife, me, kid, genset....it dont really leave much room for the wife to gain any winter weight! I part Im worried about is it will ALL be on the back wheels, I geuss the equilizer bars. spead it out too.

With a long box, you should be able to get a 900 rzr in the box with a UTV riser. They are height adjustable...the wheel pan is 23.5" off the box floor, so it should give you enough lift to get it in with the gate closed. It's definately the most cost effective route. If not, a rocket launcher (the rack that 250mark1 was talking about) would work good as well. Plus the riser only adds around 50lbs.

Top Bottom