Tempature?

Shovelking780

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2014 pro and relatively new to the sport. I thought the dealer said to shut the machine down when it reaches 160 but didn't clarify that it was Celcious. I can't imagine it's Faranheit that seems rather low. At what tempature does it start to hurt sliders? What tempature for engine? I really want to treat this machine right.

Zien19

Reaction score
160 F is what the dealer meant. Your engine operating temp is 120 to 140. Above that and the comp will start to derate you. 2 strokes do not like the heat. Keep it cool and wide open 👍

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a 2014 pro and relatively new to the sport. I thought the dealer said to shut the machine down when it reaches 160 but didn't clarify that it was Celcious. I can't imagine it's Faranheit that seems rather low. At what tempature does it start to hurt sliders? What tempature for engine? I really want to treat this machine right.

Until you have it broke in I wouldn't get it to hot. 100 miles of varying throttle, nothing over 3/4 throttle for awhile other then quick busts of WOT. I wouldn't shut the engine down at 160F, stop and grab snow and put it on the two coolers along the tunnel and the temp should drop after awhile. The sliders will melt at 350F. You will smell the sweet burnt plastic smell. Nothing you can do about it other than to get into deeper snow to cool the sliders down. Scatchers will help with this and keeping the engine cool. After you have the engine broke in I wouldn't go over 170-180F on the engine temps. When I see it that high I start looking for snow to cool it down. If I cant find it I stop and pile it on the tunnel.

bbecker17

Reaction score
If im on the trail and plan to be for more then 5 k i drop the sliders it only takes seconds and then you dont need to worry about it, if your out playing in the soft stuff all day you shouldn't really see anything over 140, If you notice temperature over 140F you should be looking for loose snow to drive through to cool it, once there over 140 they can get to 160 in a hurry

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your engine will go into 'limp mode' if temps get high. 99 celcius is when mine cuts out.

Top Bottom