TEMP LIGHT FLASHING 800 SUMMIT

bulwarkfr

Reaction score
Temp light on 06 Summit 800 flashing doesnt appear to be hot tunnel and exchanger working fine .Any suggestions tried to pull thermostat but have to pull head off by the looks of things......Help dont want to cook :sadbanana:

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bulwarkfr maybe there is an air lock in the cooling system. How's the coolant level in the resevoir? Maybe the light is tied in to a low coolant sensor?

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its probably a bad sending unit or a bad connection at the unit, If you have lots of coolant and are running in the snow.

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, i had the same problems with my old summit. I had rolled it and looked under the hood and it looked fine. But come to find out my gauge wires had melted to the pipe causing a short which made the light go on. After i taped them and remounted them right it never happened again

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was a bad sensor, wouldn't it go into a fault mode and retard the engine? Not sure about Bombers but Poo's will.:shrug:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Check your rad cap the bottles had plastic threads and the strip out and the cap may always come lose and lose pressure and some coolant

Player

Reaction score
My buddy's summit was doing that, he found the wire that the insulation was worn off & grounding out, wrapped it up it was good.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a note on page 32 in the March '08 Snow Tech about the XP's doing that when their carb boots are cracked. I don't know if the '06 had the same safety system on it or not.

Top Bottom