Telescopic steering

Fuel Fire

Reaction score
I am wondering what the tall riders are using on the M series with the telescopic steering as far as bar risers. I am 6'3" and I need to have those handle bars up a lot more.

I can only find a 2" riser and I think that wont be enough.

Are people changing the post out completely and moving to completely after market?

Currently the way it is I look like a dog f-ing a football riding this thing....

sleded1

Reaction score
I am 6' 2" and with the bars all the way up, and my feet in the proper postition I can stand perfectly straight, mabye my arms are long or something, but the only thing I'm gonna do is offset the bar to move it forward an inch or so.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'2 running standard post and 3.5in rox riser and it's perfect for me but my buddies 2010 snopro he's running the rox setup I have on top of the telescoping and seems to like it, depending on your riding it may be a bit much, his feels tippy to me. The rox setup is nice as you can correct the position back forward to help with weight distribution. Keep in mind the 3.5 when pushed forward doing so it works out to be the same height as the telescoping post maxed out. Most dealers sell them for cheap $120 or so:beer:

Shortcut

Reaction score
Hmmmm......if you like the forward feel of the bars, just do like me and go flying through them, it seems to adjust them about 2" forward each time!

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm......if you like the forward feel of the bars, just do like me and go flying through them, it seems to adjust them about 2" forward each time!

haha, did the same thing twice now, also have a tilt which makes right hand sidehills a little easier!!!!

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a 3" on a stock post, i'm 6-2. Works for me. You wont need to worry about cable extensions et with a 3"

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Other than figuring out what fits without extensions your question is hard to answer. Everyone has far different preferences. Some guys like ape hanger bars, others (like Bret Rasmussen) put the telescopic bars to the minimum setting. It's really not something you can ask around about.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'4"and added the telescoping bars. Still not enough, gonna add 6" riser to top of telescoping bars with extended cables... Will post pics when i have this done.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'4"and added the telescoping bars. Still not enough, gonna add 6" riser to top of telescoping bars with extended cables... Will post pics when i have this done.

Better brace up that post cause when (notice there is no "if" involved) you roll, something has to give.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better brace up that post cause when (notice there is no "if" involved) you roll, something has to give.

Might have to custom build the post, unless you know of anything on the market that will hold up?

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has moved their tele post forward (or the bottom back).

I have a '10 M8 and at 6' even the height is just fine for me(don't like them in the sky anyway), but as the bars move up they also come back. So..... when things get vertical, I feel they should be further forward. One problem, It's turboed w\ an EBC that's mounted on the front of the post, so that little riser built by AMP will not work...?

What have others done? Looking for something clean, not just adding another riser to swival the bars forward. Thanks!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Other than figuring out what fits without extensions your question is hard to answer. Everyone has far different preferences. Some guys like ape hanger bars, others (like Bret Rasmussen) put the telescopic bars to the minimum setting. It's really not something you can ask around about.

I noticed he had his bars all the way down on the telescopic post @ revy in march, definitely right about how we all have different preferences because im 5'7 and have a 3 inch riser on the stock post and its still not high enough for me

wildchild

Reaction score
HTML:
I have a '10 M8 and at 6' even the height is just fine for me(don't like them in the sky anyway), but as the bars move up they also come back. So..... when things get vertical, I feel they should be further forward. One problem, It's turboed w\ an EBC that's mounted on the front of the post, so that little riser built by AMP will not work...?

What have others done? Looking for something clean, not just adding another riser to swival the bars forward. Thanks!

I built lot of posts that are really low with a "t" top and use the pivot risers. Compared to telescoping post you probably get 1-1.5 more inches forward because the post does not come towards your chest.

Attachments

• m seris post.jpg
    m seris post.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 197

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HTML:

I built lot of posts that are really low with a "t" top and use the pivot risers. Compared to telescoping post you probably get 1-1.5 more inches forward because the post does not come towards your chest.

Whats that setup worth you posted a pic of in this post?

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 6-3 and like the rox 5" pivoting risor I have .... can still sit down and ride and is good for standing. I think the tele one is equiv to a 4in, You can put a 5 inch on without extending the throttle cable if you route it along the exhaust side of the motor. The brake line can be extended for less than $5 if you go to napa and buy a steel brake line extension with fittings,and install it on the caliper. Super easy. If you go any higher, I suspect you'll be splicing wires.

Top Bottom