TCSC- MINISTIK re-opens FEB 7/2015

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HI All

Well we got some bad news yesterday that Ministik will remained CLOSED until we can get another couple of inches of snow
Please find below a report emailed to me by Alberta Sustainable Resources and the 2 photos supporting his report.
So it is still officially Closed and they are monitoring for sled access while closed so please Do NOT try and sled in Ministik or they will not open the gates for us if we do not comply with their Closure Rules.

And someone stole our signs off the sign board at Access 22 at Spilstead entrance – If you know who it was ask them to return them to us – signs are expensive but lay out the rules that keep Ministik open for sledding…

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Alberta Sustainable Resources
I was out at Ministik this afternoon to measure the snow. There was less snow than I was expecting. I also noted that the more open the area, the less snow there was. At Access 33 the snow was consistently only 4 inches deep. At Access 2 a lot of the snow was also 4 inches, although I also found some spots with more snow and other spots with less snow than that. Given that the snow at Ministik is not the required 6 inches the trail system will be remaining closed at this time.

I found a number of sled tracks out at Ministik today. I would appreciate it if you could let your club members and the public know that Ministik will continue to be closed until we get the required 6 inches of snow. I would also appreciate if you could remind the public that cutting fences or driving under fences, or sneaking through some of the various uncontrolled private areas does not show responsible sled use of the area.

Hopefully it snows again before the end of February so the trail system can be opened up.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 210
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 211
Last edited by a moderator:

gerrit

Reaction score
Re: TCSC- MINISTIK is still CLOSED - January 6/2015

that sucks hopefully we will get a pile in the next week or so .

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Everyone do the snow dance before bed.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well it looks like either people just not listening or they are very defiant!!!!!
as the first post stated "Ministik is still closed", until we have 6" of snow, AESRD will open the gates when they determine we have 6".
But it looks like people can not respect the closure and are still entering into Ministik illegally.
We told you AESRD will be monitoring their "Closure Rule".
On Sunday January 11, 2015 we drove past the 2 staging areas and found the following vehicles had unloaded their sleds and entered Ministik illegally even with the gates closed and locked. So even unloaded and drove down the road to enter through a downed fence, it is still closed, you are still entering illegally, PERIOD!!!!!!!

If you know who these idiots are in the following pictures tell them to smarten up before we all use the right to ride in Ministik as AESRD will permanently close the gates to ALL motorized activities.
There are also locals that are riding sleds & quads down the ditches and entered Ministik illegally, it is closed so stop it.
The sled gates are closed so you idiots are squeezing your sleds sideways through the HORSE gates, Bulletin horses are allowed in July to March regardless of snow level. Motorized must have 6". So do not tip your sled so it fits through the horse gates!!!!! The sled gate is chained closed, just because the horse gate is open and beside the sled gate does not make it legal for you to squeeze through, smarten up.

We installed more Closed Signs right on the gates so if someone squeezes past them now you deserve the fines.
Possile loss of vehicle, $10,000.00 fine, cost to environment damages and reforestation costs.
Would you risk all that of a ****ty ride on a no snow, flattened trail for a couple hours ride.
Really???

** Photos removed by admin, some had visible licensee plates, these cannot be displayed on the internet without consent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 184
Last edited by a moderator:

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

bunch of a holes. people wonder why trails get closed or end up flooded with by law officers. unreal

gerrit

Reaction score

that's getting a little too stupid . i grew up not far from there and my parents still live in the area we have been going in there as a family since the early 80s and never seen sooo many idiots fn it up for everyone we have lost a lot of places to ride ,soon to be another . the population in this area has gotten to be overcome with s$$t heads who dont care. if you guys need any help let me know fixing some fence signs let me know my brother and i frequently drive by there and my sis lives on 214 any of us would be glad to help a little

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So any news, will they open Ministick now that we have somemore snow or is it too late already????

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Your too fast for my typing....

I just posted this thread -and yes it will be open finally
++++++++++++++++++++++

HI All

AESRD will open the gates to Ministik Late Friday night Feb 6, so they are open for Saturdays riding Feb 7

Hope we have enough snow now & it keeps snowing to keep Ministik open till the end on February 28, 2015

Take care & Ride safe

Brian

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

your too fast for my typing....

I just posted this thread -and yes it will be open finally
++++++++++++++++++++++

hi all

aesrd will open the gates to ministik late friday night feb 6, so they are open for saturdays riding feb 7

hope we have enough snow now & it keeps snowing to keep ministik open till the end on february 28, 2015

take care & ride safe

brian

hi brian.... Fixed the title for you...... Good to see it opening :)

Top Bottom