syncro drive

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddy is debating on putting a syncro belt drive on his 880 xp in place of the chain drive (asked me to post a thread to get opinions), does anyone run these, how do you like them ? im hearing some interesting numbers associated with them, like 25% more efficient transfer of power, im thinking that would be pretty fawking noticeable.....?

go green

Reaction score
The answer is in the wording and I believe that a lot of people misinterpret the the numbers.

Stock 800 etec is around 160 so you do not add 25 percent to that, and end up with 200hp. More than likely the answer is the device took 25 percent less to spin with a inch pound torque wrench than the conventional chain. I am pretty sure they did not send it to spintron for a comparison .

It is pretty cool looking though.

tjx

Reaction score
I've had one for a couple years now, I bought it for peace of mind as opposed to more efficiency. I like the idea of replacing a belt if it brakes instead of the possibilty of a helicopter ride or replacing gears, chain and maybe a chaincase.

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The answer is in the wording and I believe that a lot of people misinterpret the the numbers.

Stock 800 etec is around 160 so you do not add 25 percent to that, and end up with 200hp. More than likely the answer is the device took 25 percent less to spin with a inch pound torque wrench than the conventional chain. I am pretty sure they did not send it to spintron for a comparison .

It is pretty cool looking though.

Of course you wouldnt get 200 hp... But if a stock 800 makes 160 at the motor, what is it getting at the track with a chaincase vs a syncro drive, was more kinda what i was talking about...

how hard are they to change belts on, what are belts worth?

Last edited:

WKR

Reaction score
i ran one last year on my proclimb, few issues in the beginning, but once it was sorted i dont see how i could go back. its so smooth, power to ground is certainly noticeable and changing gears ratios is 5 minutes. very impressed with the system over all.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Accessibility is the biggest con to me with the syncro. Its a lot easier to change a belt on the hill apposed to having have a leaking chaincase with a broken chain hanging out the bottom of it lol. There will be one of these going on the freeride shortly. Any one know with pushing 250+ hp out of a two stroke if these belts can handle that kind of abuse?

Top Bottom