Swan city snowmobile club and Zacstracs

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to send out a thanks to all who participated in last weekends Zacstracs course hosted by the Swan City Snowmobile club. This class was a huge success. we had over 114 in the evening classes with just over a hundred participate in the 4 days of field classes at Kakwa. Many thanks to all who helped out. Including Red Line Yamaha for donating a sled for the weekend. G&R Insulating for there donation of a sled for the weekend. Thanks to Cary Charbonneau for letting the Zacstracs crew stay in his Hilton at Tintown.Thanks to the Swan City Snowmobile club for hosting and also for the excellent grooming for the four field days.Thanks to Peter Marshall of the Canadian Avalanche Center for his help and involvement and rating our terrain at Kakwa. Last but not least thanks to the Zacs crew for a very informative as well as fun weekend. For anyone wanting an Avalanche course this crew is top notch and very diligent about providing you with the best information possible. This was their largest class ever and was run very profesionally and smoothly as well as making it fun. For next year they are planning to have it the same weekend but upgrading to AST2 as this year was AST1. I would encourage everyone in the area to get involved I know I will.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree.Very professional group of people.I will be taking it again next year.I really learned alot.Know I will be teaching my kid this stuff now.

Big twin

Reaction score
I too would like to thank Cary as well as Ian for the use of the Tin Town Hilton!! Good thing Cary had a Cat belt or I would have been close to done play'n on Tuesday.
The course went like clockwork and all the participants were excellent to work with. We had a good time doing it. Hope to see new faces next time and maybe even some of the same!!
Thanks to everyone for the awesome tour of Kakwa! I think Peter might like sleddin alot more now :d
Remember to use what you learn, Ride safe all Y'all and practice, practice!!

Big twin

Reaction score
Some pics from the weekend.
First ones in the snow pit doin snowpack analysis, then some field work and a probe line where Sled Ed was burried.

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 35
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 106.jpg
    106.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 36

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep have to agree...:perfect10:top notch and ya viper count me in next yr for level 2...

I still say Lori could give ya a run for your money on the trail though...;):d
:Snowmobile1:

Attachments

• 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 37

hurtinalbertin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Count me in again, awsome course learned lots. Lori, Randy,Carol, Peter, Grant were awsome people. Would sled and hang out with them any time. Just to bad Carol didn't try my Cat but she liked the Polaris( still second best anyway)

Big twin

Reaction score
Hurtin, too bad you couldn't come with us on tuesday. Was an awesome day. Nuttin but sunshine! Next time your at the hilton keep yer eye's peeled for a pair of tall Baffin like boots. Left mine behind. Or maybe they'll just be there for my nezt ride.. :d:beer:

Big twin

Reaction score
If your goin for a ride next Sat I might be good for one too. Hope the Kevlar belts come in. Might need a place to crash? not my sled.

Top Bottom