Suspension / Track Modifications 03' Polaris

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for some imput on putting on a new track on my 03' RMK 800 Edge. What will fit>? What won't? What suspension setup is the best bang for your buck? I love to climb but I don't want anything to long as i like to play in the trees / boondock. What would one have to do if i bought this years 155" track and wanted to slam that under my 03?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
You can do the 155" or you can go to a 16" wide, you just have to smooth out the rivets with a grinder. I have an 01 rmk that went from 151 (15") to 159 (16"). That extra inch makes a big difference. Also note, with tipped up rails the length of the track doesn't have much effect on flat ground or when playing in the trees.
It's something you may want to consider.
Looking for some imput on putting on a new track on my 03' RMK 800 Edge. What will fit>? What won't? What suspension setup is the best bang for your buck? I love to climb but I don't want anything to long as i like to play in the trees / boondock. What would one have to do if i bought this years 155" track and wanted to slam that under my 03?

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So basically your telling me i can put whatever track I want on this thing? What about lug depth? How big of lugs can I go with? Big Wheel kits?

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after a week of searching I have found out a few things but have still have some questions for some experienced moders. I've decided I need to go with an "avid" extended chaincase.

Basically from what i understand this will allow me to run the new 2.5” tracks and not give up approach angle or performance. This chaincase moves the drive shaft down one inch and back one inch, enabling you to run an eight-tooth 3" pitch driver with a 2.5" paddle track and still have .75" clearance in the tunnel. Question I have is for the suspension setup...I still have the original skid in this sled and was thinking while i have alll this apart I might as well switch out the skid/suspension to a new upgraded version. What would one have to do to get a newer skid in? I was looking at the new AlphaX rear suspension from Holz Racing Products that will fit the newer RMK/IQ Chassis' What kind of mods would I have to do in order to put in the new style skid under an Edge? Can this be done?

Thanks

deerboy

Reaction score
I put in the AVid extended chaincase this year in my 02 800 vert edge. Works good. I run 16" 162 3 pitch W/ avid 8 tooth drivers, 46/19 gears. Allow a couple days to do this job. You'll also have to make up an 84 pitch chain if you follow this gearing. Forgot to mention 2.5" lug on track. Good luck.

Top Bottom