suspension set up info

sledjunkie

Reaction score
hello i was wondering if any one could give me some advise on setting my rear skid up i am running a 2010 nytro 162 with mcxpress 270 kit with a stock rear skid my first ride was a few sundays ago an it was a wheelie monster stright up an down every where ,i recentaly tightened up my straps under neath i tightend them all the way up an it hooked up real good but it was really hard to steer on the hard pack so i put the straps in the half way point it stil hooks up good but still wheelies crazy amounts but the ski pressure is where i want it so my qustion is is there ne thing else i can to maybe with the shocks or something to keep the frongt end down but still keep light ski pressure an still keep my stock skid
any info would be great
thanx dustin

Rufer19

Reaction score
Well I'm no expert by any means. I'm still trying to figure mine out as well. Maybe try putting more pressure in the rear shock, maybe less in the front. If anyone has any help to make the stock suspension set up work for side hilling I would be super interested. Thanks.

turbocat

Reaction score
There is nothing you can do we've tried it all. With the 270 you need a rear skid. Can't keep the nose down without it. Sorry 4 the bad news.

MRFUSION

Reaction score
We have installed lots of the 270 kits and behind the rear scissor there is holes in the rail and you can bolt stops right in there which helps quite a bit. Fairly inexpensive too. I have the part #s at the shop, they are from another Yamaha model but bolt right in. Shad

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
hello i was wondering if any one could give me some advise on setting my rear skid up i am running a 2010 nytro 162 with mcxpress 270 kit with a stock rear skid my first ride was a few sundays ago an it was a wheelie monster stright up an down every where ,i recentaly tightened up my straps under neath i tightend them all the way up an it hooked up real good but it was really hard to steer on the hard pack so i put the straps in the half way point it stil hooks up good but still wheelies crazy amounts but the ski pressure is where i want it so my qustion is is there ne thing else i can to maybe with the shocks or something to keep the frongt end down but still keep light ski pressure an still keep my stock skid any info would be great thanx dustin
Coupler blocks off an older polaris bolt right on and are shaped so you can have different levels of coupling. I believe the ones I used were off an 01 SKS 700. They are probably used in a bunch of different models and years as well. Also airing up your rear float shock when u get to the alpine helps to, then let some out for a smoother ride on the trail. Too tall of risers also cause u to wheellie more. You should be able to get leaned way forward when climbing. You would be surprised how much leverage u have when climbing depending on body position. I was told that my 156 EZ ride skidded impulse nytro would be a wheelie monster. Well... It is if I want it to, or I leaned way ahead and the skis stay about a foot off the snow at 20psi.

Top Bottom