Sunken RMK 900

jordanfielder

Reaction score
Put my 06 polaris in the drink salvaged her pulled the plugs turned er upside down drained all the water, filled it full of diesel and let it sit for a day. I noticed the coolant level was higher than normal, drained the deisel out by pulling it over while on its side until dry. put the plugs in and she fired and ran after third pull once the smoke cleared up i drained the chain oil and flushed it with gas than drained again dried and filled a fresh. The next day i ran it up again this time bringing it to temp i noticed my coolant level slowly droping and white sweet smoke starting. Coolant level got so low i shut er down before getting to hot. no signs of coolant in the cylinders at all but it has mysteriously disapeard into the crank case???. I think it might be a cracked cylinder wall below the piston stroke? not too sure how to proceed do any of you sled heads have any advice? :confused:

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its easy if the motor is still stock just buy a new cylinder and gaskets and bolt it on. the rings are easy if they are lined up properly and no special tools besides the ambition and a torque wrench

jordanfielder

Reaction score
Looks i have plans for the weekend good thing my wife will be out of town. haha thanks guys. at this point are there any good HP suggestions since im doing a rebuild whats the best bang for the buck while maintaining reliability?

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
port and polish, 975 kit lol. but nethn u do will require a reflash from polaris or a control box (i run boondocker) to play with ur fuel map. some have shaved the head a bit.

Top Bottom