summithighmark

Reaction score
hello everyone have a problem i have a 2005 summit highmark x 1000 cc and it will not idle. i had it idling on the 28 would idle in my drive way after it warmed up i got it in the road it had no power had to pull back to garage. Then today the 29 it wont idle have to give it a little gas to get it to even run. i have new plugs started fine with new plugs then pulled them and they were covered in oil cleaned plugs to shinny new, put some stable in as well fresh gas.
PLEASE HELP REALLY MAKING ME ANGREY AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
thanks everyone any help would be great thank you thank you

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Did you check the relays in the fuse panel yet? Sounds like your idle circuit injector system not working...... Replace all 3 relays, and retry.... Use regular hd bosch relays from napa or bumper to bumper......otherwise, how is the battery? Does it start good?

Reaction score
i will give the relays a try. is there any way to test them or just replace it? i thank you for the info will post as soon as i get new ones

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i will give the relays a try. Is there any way to test them or just replace it? I thank you for the info will post as soon as i get new ones

the relays are cheap insurance..... Have seen them fail and actually cause no starts..... I change mine every second year to be on the safe side

Reaction score
i just bought the sled and no manual. this is my first snowmobile i have owned
not the most confident with it yet where would i find the relays at. I relay appreciate the help thank you very muh

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i just bought the sled and no manual. This is my first snowmobile i have owned
not the most confident with it yet where would i find the relays at. I relay appreciate the help thank you very muh

relays are in the fuse box, just below the headlite, under the hood. Also did you doo a compression test? The fuel filter might also be an issue, but start with the relays first.......

Reaction score
i bought a compression tester yesterday. i am going to do some work on her today had surgery 2 weeks ago in my shoulder so its hard for me to work on it
is there a fuel shut off or siphon the gas out of the tank. again i really thank you for all your help jeeps are my area of expertise snowmobiles are pretty new for me

Reaction score
i did the compression test yesterday its at 103 psi. i went to the ski doo shop and they wanted 35 dollars for the relays will have to make a trip to napa. i found a cut in the fuel line after the filter could it not being pressurized make a difference?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did the compression test yesterday its at 103 psi. i went to the ski doo shop and they wanted 35 dollars for the relays will have to make a trip to napa. i found a cut in the fuel line after the filter could it not being pressurized make a difference?

If it doesn't have proper fuel pressure it wont run properly at all. That compresion seems low.What it the same on both sides? They should have about 60psi fuel pressure if i remeber right. They actually have two fuel pumps, one under the motor and then a pressure pump in the gas tank.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
When you did your compression test, you had both spark plugs out, and the throttle held wide open? (i would probably disconnect the ignition coil and take the fuel pump relays out) ...... You have to hold the throttle open to do a proper compression test.........otherwise, like glengine says, your compression is too low.............................................I think mine was 150psi each cylinder last year.......

Reaction score
so a rebuild is in the future. with piston ring kit i was told one kit is higher compression and another is lower compression and will last longer? does anyone have a link to a less expensive rebuild kit for sale thanks

Reaction score
Re: summit highmark

finally got her running the brand new battery i bought was bad and not kicking on both fuel pumps. brought it to shop scanned it rest a falt and now runs great . I am now in need of a new primary clutch. Was quoted over 400 just for parts does anyone know of a aftermarket clutch that would be a better replacement im at 10,000 feet at home but go from 8,000 to 13,500 feet regularly any info would be great thanks

Top Bottom