Summit Spark Plugs

djpred

Reaction score
I have a 2002 Summit 700 And the recomended plugs for it are NGK BR9ECS. I went out to pick up a spare set for it today, and they are $10 a plug!!! My Uncle's 2003 Summit 800 Calls for the same spark plugs (BR9ECS) But it has BR9EYA Plugs in it, and seems to run perfectly. The BR9EYA's are only $4.25 per plug. We found that the "Y" in BR9EYA means a V groove plug, which they are. Does anyone know if it is fine to run these in my machine too? What about the BR9ES? What is the "C" IN BR9ECS? Any help would be great! Thank you.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
The "c" Actually Stands For Copper Core....... My '98 Mountain Max Uses The Same Plug, But I Switched Over To Br9es Without Any Trouble, And Now I Run Iridium Spark Plugs, And Haven't Fouled A Plug In 3 Sleds For Over 2 Years Now!!!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I run the Irdium also and have had no problems. As for the price i dont know they were given to me by our Napa store to try out. If they work good who cares what the cost is (within reason). I have them in all my sleds

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the Irdium also and have had no problems. As for the price i dont know they were given to me by our Napa store to try out. If they work good who cares what the cost is (within reason). I have them in all my sleds
It's not like you'll be putting 10 pair of plugs in your sled every year.

djpred

Reaction score
I agree, if you were going through 20 plugs a year, the cost may be a bigger issue. All im asking is why run $10 plugs if the $4 will do the same thing? Is there 6$ worth the difference?

Top Bottom