Sturgis North Reviews

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So am curious to read what others thought of this event.....

We had a good time and considering it was the first one, it was ....okay.

Thought it a bit over priced for what you got...and because we were riding the bikes from the south end of Salmon Arm to the North end of Sicamous, a nice easy ride of about 35 km km after the music fest at 1:00am through the mountains... needless to say we didn't have much to drink the last couple of hours which made listening to guys like Dr Hook that should have stopped touring oh about 10 years ago....almost painful. Seen them about 15 years ago and they were great...

Met up with Motor Marc on Thursday( MotorMarcArt - Fine art paintings of motorcycles, Nascar, muscle cars, Three Stooges, Rock and Roll, classic cars & more. ) at the downtown venue, great guy and a fantastic artist....hes got some great stories...

Even Marc was disappointed with the turn out, but the weekend picked up quite a bit...

Alot of people were trying to compare it to Sturgis and you can't...go back to the very first Sturgis and compare it to this one....

BC has some great festivals will this just add to the list once thety get some of the bugs out of it........

Went for a jaunt down and around Nakusp on Saturday only to find out the they had a Music fest on at the same time....it was packed(their eight annual) Doobie Brothers and Kevin Costner's Band were the Head liners.... Great ride by the way the stretch after the fairy on the way to Vernon, great rode but wow tons of deer....so actually drove the speed limit....

Look forward to some other opinions.....

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
went for a jaunt down and around nakusp on saturday only to find out the they had a music fest on at the same time....it was packed(their eight annual) doobie brothers and kevin costner's band were the head liners.... great ride by the way the stretch after the fairy on the way to vernon, great rode but wow tons of deer....so actually drove the speed limit....
look forward to some other opinions.....

that short hiway from farquier ferry to vernon is an awesome drive..... Did you stop at sherwood park restaurant, which is about 1/2 way and sample their baked goods? Awesomest cinamon rolls ever;)........that road used to be nothing but switch backs and sharp turns until a few years back, when they redid the road

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that short hiway from farquier ferry to vernon is an awesome drive..... Did you stop at sherwood park restaurant, which is about 1/2 way and sample their baked goods? Awesomest cinamon rolls ever;)........that road used to be nothing but switch backs and sharp turns until a few years back, when they redid the road

I have always thought about stopping there but never have. I will have to next time i am through.

Agreed, the road is amazing if you come through from Kaslo then to Faquier and Vernon.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My boss went. I would have but am in the middle of a house move. He told me something about a $100 surcharge to get in? If that is the case then I wont be going next year. No need to charge. Vendors can make a crap load of cash without that. As for concerts you can charge for that. I dont see the point. Their group turned around after they found out about it. I am sure lots of others did too.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
120$ to get onto the grounds both festival and fairgrounds for the day. this included everything, i agree it is to much for the shitty band days. the best deal was, 231$ for - 3 day pass which was good for 5-days. go figure.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We didn't stop other then braking for the deer and a pee brake in Lumby, we had screwed around all afternoon and didn't get on the ferry until 8:30 so we rode most of that road in the dark....I had mounted a couple of driving lamps on the light bar, pointed them at the sides of the rode high beam down the middle and took my half of the rode right down the center....had dinner at the Riverfront pub just south of Sicamous around 11:30....would have preferred to ride that road in the daylight.

We left Sicamous around 9:30 am for what should have been a 450 km ride and maybe 8 hours with stops....we found a way to make it 15 1/2 hour ride...it was a good day...

So where does the other Ferry go that was just outside of Nakusp and are the roads paved?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
so where does the other ferry go that was just outside of nakusp and are the roads paved?

the arrow park ferry is south of nakusp about 25-30kms.... That road goes up the east side of arrow lake to the north, back to shelter bay ferry and back towards revy. It's a rough, twisty road, and it's not paved, most of the way, at least when i went that way years ago.....

The needles/fauquier ferry crosses to the vernon-slocum hiway, and takes you in the back way to vernon......that is a very nice hiway, with lots of turns/twists and good pavement. Excellent drive

is that what you were asking about?

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the arrow park ferry is south of nakusp about 25-30kms.... That road goes up the east side of arrow lake to the north, back to shelter bay ferry and back towards revy. It's a rough, twisty road, and it's not paved, most of the way, at least when i went that way years ago.....

The needles/fauquier ferry crosses to the vernon-slocum hiway, and takes you in the back way to vernon......that is a very nice hiway, with lots of turns/twists and good pavement. Excellent drive

is that what you were asking about?

My buddy and I rode that a month ago on our trip out to B.C.. Awesome road !! From the Needles Ferry west ,they were chip-sealing the dumb highway for about 25-30 kms then it was a good ride to Lumby !! We had a blast, BUT that was my second favorite road........ #1 was the the road from Creston to Kotentey Lake Ferry !!!! Now that was GREAT !!! That stretch of highway was the most fun I have ever had on a highway !! Plus we got to stay in Ainsworth after a good day of riding !!

And and one more thing ...... Fauquier ..... how do you say that ????? LOL ( I asked at the store in Fauquier and they just laughed.. LOL)

Top Bottom