Student loans can someone help please

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just wana know what my options are for student loans. I will be taking the production field operator training course, just trying to see what would be my best options.... I think ill need about $10,000 to $15, 000 for this course cause i gotta rent a place and pay tuition and all that other good stuff wile im at school. The course is supose to start march 9th as long as they get another teacher b4 then really hope they do.

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
what do you have for experience?

Not to be a prick, just out of curiosity..... there are many who went into that field green, it may be something to look into just going and doing it vs going to school for it.

Get paid to do it hands on instead of paying to learn it from a book....

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just wana know what my options are for student loans. I will be taking the production field operator training course, just trying to see what would be my best options.... I think ill need about $10,000 to $15, 000 for this course cause i gotta rent a place and pay tuition and all that other good stuff wile im at school. The course is supose to start march 9th as long as they get another teacher b4 then really hope they do.

Google BC student loans or Canada student loans. Should be able to find some help on-line.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got 4 years oil field maintence experiance, iv really been trying to get hired on for production operating for the past 3 years, lots of companys seem to really like this course or the guys i talked to really seem to like it anyways...

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Which course are you taking? Is it the Lakeland College course? We hired quite a few from there. IMSICK is right many have started with little or no experience but I think that is much more difficult with the slow down of the economy. IMO the schooling is a waste of time, they dont teach chit, but it is a foot in the door. I know from experience, I took Chemical Process Operations and Power Engineering, looking back most of it was a joke. I could have learned alot more training and studying in a plant. :beer::beer:

I could ask a couple of the people I work with about the student loans they had. Pm me if i dont get back to you. ;)

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah its the northren lakes one buddy of mine took it allso and got hired on allmost as soon as he finished the course.... Basicly im more less trying to get a foot in the door like you said. but what ever you could find out for me about loans would be awsome.... I kinda have mixed feelings abut this course in a way too, many guys say its really good to have, others say all field experiance is way better. The school dose have some neat equipment now though like see through seperators and stuff....

crushd

Reaction score
consider taking power engineering instead, it is more widely acknowledged by many different industries which will translate into a larger hiring base when you are finished. Anything from field operations to upgraders to chemical plants will ask for a steam ticket, even if they don't run boilers. Alot of courses at the technical colleges only provide a "foot in the door" to get hired on with. Most of what you need to know is learnt on the job.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with Imsick, classroom time helps with the big companies, but there is nothing better than starting out with a small contractor green and getting payed for your hands on training. I've always looked at the individual far before his schooling. :)
I am no help with the loans bit

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
consider taking power engineering instead, it is more widely acknowledged by many different industries which will translate into a larger hiring base when you are finished. Anything from field operations to upgraders to chemical plants will ask for a steam ticket, even if they don't run boilers. Alot of courses at the technical colleges only provide a "foot in the door" to get hired on with. Most of what you need to know is learnt on the job.

I'll second that, dont waste your time with these field operator courses, at minimum take the Chemical Process Operations couse at SAIT or NAIT, you end up with a 4th class and enough hours to write your 3rd A. Any of the field ones are a joke.

Top Bottom