street bike tires

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is the better tire?

Dunlops gp211
Michelin power one
Michelin power pure

I found a set of the first 2 that the sides have been tested on the track but centers are new ......front and back.....$160 a set

and the Michelin Power Pure are brand new.........

out of the first 2 sets which ones are better? anyone run these? I think they are a DOT race tire!

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is the better tire?

Dunlops gp211
Michelin power one
Michelin power pure

I found a set of the first 2 that the sides have been tested on the track but centers are new ......front and back.....$160 a set

and the Michelin Power Pure are brand new.........

out of the first 2 sets which ones are better? anyone run these? I think they are a DOT race tire!

The DOT race tires are not great to run on the street just due to the fact that they are tough to get heat in. That being said, used track day tires are a good tire to put on the street as long as they don't have too many track days on them, too many heat cycles will turn them into hockey pucks.......

I have used the Michelins before and really enjoyed riding with them, just watch when they are cold and you will want to slow down in the rain. I have never rode a Dunlop that i liked........

If you want to look the Pirelli way contact Clint at Acceleration Racing.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I went with the dunlop since he did not have any good michelin left.......what a tire.......they were warm after a ride to town so I had to see what they were like with some speed.......I came into a corner around the lake at well over the speed limit....lol..... and I have never been able to get the bike over so far......it felt so good and stops so quick now.......what a differance!

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know you were not asking about them, but AVON -VENOM is the best tire I've ever riden on.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know you were not asking about them, but AVON -VENOM is the best tire I've ever riden on.

I used to run those years ago when I was in to bikes......now I just put these DOT race tires.....(really sticky) and oh my god I come into a cornor now and I need knee pads lol......I love them but I can see that tread life is not going to be so good!

Top Bottom