Stock g4 suspension race sag

Fabianb

Reaction score
Anyone have the free sag and race sag numbers for the front/rear suspension? I dont have the owners manual and would like to get a base for suspension setup.

any recommendations for a 154 3" in the deep deep powder?

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
15 to 30% sag, depends on what you like and how you ride, are you bottoming out all the time. The occasional bottom out is fine. Everyone is different.

Fabianb

Reaction score
No not bottoming out often. I will set the sag and try it out this weekend.
For ultra deep snow, should I let the limiter out a bit more? do get ontop of the snow easier? or tighten it to trench less?

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like about around 20 to 25% in sag, if you putting a lot of preload on the spring pretty close to maxing it out. You might want to get heavier springs. You want to use the least amount of preload on the spring for your sag setting for the best performance.. Also you could send you shocks away and have them valved to your weight and riding style.
limiter you could start about 3 hole and see for there.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your riding a 154 with a 3" i would definelty tighten the limiter strap up. That thing is going to be a wheelie machine. As for the back, i like to run mine as stiff as possible so its as far out of the snow as it can be. You can change it for the trail easy enough. That's how I like to ride, I'm sure others have different opinions.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tighten that strap up lol my 154x3 is a wheelie monster, first ride when i got it flipped it straight back ontop of me

Fabianb

Reaction score
I rode it once in revvy 2 week ago, was playful in the front end. I’ll play with it a bit more.

Any my recommendations for the ultra deep? Suspension tips for not getting stuck as much. Should I keep it tightened up?

Wapow

Reaction score
I've got a 154/3 and I found it's way more "flickable" and fun to ride when you loosen the strap a notch from the factory setting. But, it will be a handful climbing straight up a steep slope. Especially if you're used to just pointing it and putting the throttle to the bar. There is a huge handling difference if you tighten the strap on the G4. Way more so than on the XM. I'm getting the adjustable limiter this year. Best of both worlds at the turn of a dial.

Top Bottom