stihl chainsaw tuning

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 500i and an 066. Can't go wrong with the 500 or 661. Unless you're cutting really big wood I would go with the 500. I really love mine. Around 80ccs, and probably weighs around the same as your 361. You definitely notice the weight difference on the 661
good to know thanks.. just a bit to swallow the 500 price tag when I can find a 661 for half price, if it was an income thing no doubt but this is a luxury item.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good to know thanks.. just a bit to swallow the 500 price tag when I can find a 661 for half price, if it was an income thing no doubt but this is a luxury item.
The 500s seem to have come down alot. I got mine for basically the same price as a 661.

It's the same for me.....I definitely don't need the saws I have for what I do. I sure love them though! Worth every penny. And it's a cheap practical toy. Think of how many dumb 1500 mods a guy has done on sleds over the years

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a husky 480 that saw cuts fast for a gas saw.. no chain brake it is so old. But really i mostly use a green works 80v it cuts equal to a 45cc saw and cuts and limbs a 100 foot tree on a smaller battery. But if your cutting a lot of wood get the biggest gas saw you can lay your hands on. I have been told by a milwalkee guy that his drill will run the eskimo pistol grip ice auger no problem. And drill a ton of holes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom