Steering stabilizer for dodge

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001 dodge 2500 and I'm still having some problems with the steering, still seems to wander. I put a steering box stabilizer on and a new damper, but now I'm thinkin of mounting a dual steering stabilizer. Which brand would work best for this truck? And is there any other tricks to getting rid of the sloppy steering? Getting new tires as well next week so that may help a little as well. Any suggestions?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do the steering box brace mine is a DSS from Peak Diesel as well check your tracbar they are a known issue. I replaced mine with a 3rd gen tracbar also from Peak.

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah i did a bd steering box stabilizer. Is this the same brace you're talkin about?

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found a bit of a difference with that brace but I wanted to see what the dual stabilizer would be like as well. I find it worse at low speeds more than on the hwy

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the front end (balljoints, tie rod ends, tracbar, wheel bearings) tight? How about the steering shaft? The steering box is also not stellar and may need adjustment or replacement with a redhead or borgeson box.

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Switch to the 3rd gen trackbar. Did it on my 98 and it made a world of difference.

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Peak diesel in Langley is about the best place in Canada to get one.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i installed an aftermarket steering column? goes from the firewall to the gearbox. made a huge diffference. even the new factory ones arent as tight as this aftermarket one. cant recall the name, also installed a dual stabilizer from rancho HUGE difference. and it may sound strange...but i replaced all my shocks and that made the biggest difference. the truck would feel out of control when going over train tracks etc.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tracbar bushings dont last very long on my lifted 06. Its like herding cows down the road. Lol

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look into Redhead steering gear from Seattle WA. From what I have read, there the box to have.

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I'll check that out. I went in to get a dual stabilizer today and the guys at tonka in edm said there is no dual stabilizer for that year so I ended up getting a single rancho. Should be a bit better than the stock damper.

Top Bottom