stator ohms/voltage numbers?Summit 800

killernewf

Reaction score
Hello All. I have an 02 summit 800. It fires up every 15 or 20 pulls but then cuts out right away so we are thinking its the stator or pick up coil. We have tryed everything else around from carbs to pump, swapped mpem boxes and dess and coils, checked compression,new plugs etc. Would anyone have the schematics on the stator and pick up coil? Just want to be sure before I buy a new one. Thanks in advance.
I just need the ohms/voltage numbers,min/max . Which wires to put what

Crowfoot

Reaction score
here are some pages from my service manual
in a nut shell/
1.disconect the plug from mpem
2. connect meter to Black (blk/rd) and red wire
3. resistance 11.6-21.6 ohms
same connect
alt voltage 15-30 volts, repeat 3 times and check results

I have tried to attach three jpg file, they are document photo from manuel. if didnt work, let me know and will try a pm or straight email.

Attachments

• HPIM4205.jpg
    HPIM4205.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 218
  • HPIM4207.jpg
    HPIM4207.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 186
  • HPIM4211.jpg
    HPIM4211.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 195

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello All. I have an 02 summit 800. It fires up every 15 or 20 pulls but then cuts out right away so we are thinking its the stator or pick up coil. We have tryed everything else around from carbs to pump, swapped mpem boxes and dess and coils, checked compression,new plugs etc. Would anyone have the schematics on the stator and pick up coil? Just want to be sure before I buy a new one. Thanks in advance.
I just need the ohms/voltage numbers,min/max . Which wires to put what

was the stator or coil your problem? i'm having the same problem with my 01 summit, it likes to backfire cold to

Top Bottom