SRW on a DRW

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have use of a 2009 Chev 3500 DRW. I am going to use it for pulling the bumper pull trailer to the mountains this winter. I would like to put winter tires on it, and would like it even more if I could get away with only buying 4 tires and wheels. Also my understanding is that deep snow traction is better with singles than duals. So can this be done? Do I buy regular offset rears and dished DRW-style fronts?

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Besides looking goofy I don't think this will work very well. If the rear tires are spaced different than the front and are cutting their own path on the snowy drives it is not ideal.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't do it, just looks retarded, put all 6 on or nothing. I have seen someone leave out the inside duals and run just the outsides but then your cutting two separate tire tracks anyway so might as well run all 6. Just buy a set a tire chains for the deep snow if you really need traction.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running drw trucks for 8 years. Seen the worst roads and still do 100 km with a 28' enclosed. Ive run snow tires. All terrains. Silent armor. Last year I ran fierce attitudes. They actually were good all around. And even better driving up boulder on ice and snow. Drw pull just fine on the parkway in 1-2' of snow. The only down side is 6 tires cuts into my beer and sled fund.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running drw trucks for 8 years. Seen the worst roads and still do 100 km with a 28' enclosed. Ive run snow tires. All terrains. Silent armor. Last year I ran fierce attitudes. They actually were good all around. And even better driving up boulder on ice and snow. Drw pull just fine on the parkway in 1-2' of snow. The only down side is 6 tires cuts into my beer and sled fund.
I also have sold lots and ran fierce attitudes.... Good tire

Also back a year or two they where 100 bucks a tire cheaper than any mud tire in the 18 for example... That's 4 for the price of three..

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run studded Hakipolitas on my dually for the winter, I have had zero issues until driving in really deep snow, pushing it with the bumper

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hmm, unfortunately they don't make that Fierce in a size that fits my factory wheels.

Top Bottom