Spark plug opinion

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled the sled out of the trailer. Pulled the plugs and did a compression test. It's been sitting since last season and run enough to warm up to 120 and rode into the garage.<br>Compression is 120 and just below 120 tested cold.<br>Here's a couple of pics of the plugs. Too much oil? I've read that the oil can be adjusted slightly.
spark1a.jpg

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from everything i have read on snowwest the rmk 900 doesn't get enough oil and most pre-mix 100-1 in the tank. but i do agree it looks like it got too much oil or it's running rich are you running stock air box?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running the Timbersled intake.
I'll check the cable.
I've ordered a piston kit to rebuild the top end. 7800 km's so it's time.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of k's good show . Like he said your oiler cableIs gummed up when u rebuild put a new cable on and add an extra spring. Use stock 06 pistons

rmk mod

Reaction score
FBF oil cable is the only way to go, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if your stock cable is stuck on full. Every 900 I have delt with has had this issue. On a side note, my 9 goes through tones of oil as it is, even with the updated cable, every time I fill the tank I fill the reservoir.

• Recommends
Reactions: gus

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sure they do, mine 9 loves the stuff try FBF "Claude" in Calgary if not another company in the US make one as well, not sure if there as good as Claude makes.

Top Bottom