Spare belt bracket

Harley Rider

Reaction score
I bought a 2009 Skandic SUV a couple of weeks ago and not only did it not come with a spare belt but also no place to put one. Is this common on todays sleds? One would think at least a belt clip would be mounted someplace as always in the past. Also trying to figure out how to lift the rear of the sled off the ground. There is no rear bumper as such and the sled is way too heavy for a person to lift and there is no place to put a block or something to get the track clear of the ground. Otherwise love the sled so far.

Mister Bee

Reaction score
I have an '02 summit which has a very similar body style and the spare belt bracket on mine is in the very nose of the machine underneath the pipe, it's kind of a pain to get at especially when it's hot. As for them coming with a spare belt your SOL...I bought a 09 summit x and the only belt it came with was the one that was on it:(. which sucks since they are $180.00 a piece, also there isn't a manufacturer that I know of that supplies a spare from factory, hope this helps.

Harley Rider

Reaction score
Thanks, there definately is no place for a spare belt on this sled. They say put it in the under seat storage but under this seat is so small I`m not sure a belt would even fit plus I need that space for other things. Under the hood is where it should be. I`ll mount a bracket under there somewhere. It`s been many years since I bought a new sled and way back when they came with an extra belt and this is the first sled of any vintage that I`ve seen without a dedicated place to put one.

Top Bottom