Solution for venting hot underhood air on Polaris Pros!

likkerpig

Reaction score
Here’s my solution for trying to actively manage underhood heat. You *must* have a WRP/”Madsigntist” or WildChild gauge relocation bracket for this to work.

This fan is modified to be waterproof to IP55 standards. That’s not to say the fan will not fail due to water or dust ingress, but helps minimize the potential. The electronics and the field coils were encapsulated in a UL recognized MIL-I-46058C polyurethane. A synthetic grease, used on Mil/aero fans, has been added to the bearing shields and shaft to prevent corrosion. Polyurethane was also brushed on the stator to retard corrosion.
This is a direct plug in- there is no cutting, drilling or other modifications of the snowmobile required.

The fan moves 67cfm of air and only draws .38amps of current and comes with all necessary hardware and step by step instructions. All you need to do is remove your hood, 2 bolts, and install. Total estimated time is roughly 30 minutes. Maybe more if you have a few malted beverages.
Initially I will be making these on a one off, per-order basis. Anticipated turnaround time is approximately 1 week. If there is enough demand, I will order components to build and stock an inventory, reducing turnaround time to a day or 2.

Price is $60.00 SHIPPED in the United States via USPS flat rate box.

I will ship to Canada as well- price is $70.00 SHIPPED via USPS flat rate box.

PayPal is my preferred method of payment. Please send PayPal payments to: likkerpig@mail.com (yes, just mail.com- NOT gmail…)

Gauge Relocation- Active Ventilation - YouTube

Attachments

• underhoodresized.jpg
    underhoodresized.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:

wildchild

Reaction score
Not sure how it will work on the relocation bracket I build, I designed a totally new bracket to run a fan. Fan mounted on stock bracket pulls some of the air you have pushed out back in again it's not very efficient . Area around fan needs to be closed off.

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mntk makes a blow hole for this already & comes with a bracket to replace foot well 😂

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has any one priced out the mtntk blow hole ? This guys fan is 1/4 the price and is doing the same thing....

Sent from my iPhone using

Take a good look its not the same. There is a lot more to the MTNTK kit....... The MTNTK kit is focused more so in clutch heat and comes with a full clutch side foot well screen with the fan mount and larger fan bringing the cost up. This looks like a inexpensive way to remove some under hood heat. But far from the same.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mtntk kit looks better, who wants all the under hood fumes, smoke, stench being blown into your face

Captain Undies

Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is bashing him or telling him his product is no good and others are better. Why not give the guy some credit for being innovative and coming up with something that's inexpensive and possibly a solution that that's of others would appreciate. He took the time to share it with everyone......... Not so you you guys could trash his ideas but to share them. The ones of you that spend time trash talking people's ideas likely have a bunch of money in your pocket and haven't a clue how to work a flat head screwdriver. Your all to busy busy buying the biggest lift for your trucks, or the newest wrap for your P.O.S. Sled, wearing your white okleys and and rubbing your runny nose. Why don't you try and contribute something or stay silent.......most of you yappy fkrs are to dumb to roll a ball downhill so I doubt it will happen.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not bashing here..... I think it's a cheep way to get hot air out.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like a interesting product have you ever tried it on a turbo application? And also could this product be adapted to a m series cat? Thanks for sharing it's defiantly caught my interest!

likkerpig

Reaction score
Seems like a interesting product have you ever tried it on a turbo application? And also could this product be adapted to a m series cat? Thanks for sharing it's defiantly caught my interest!

I wanted to do this with my 06 M but never got around to it. I am actually working with a member from another forum who has an M who wants one as well. Please shoot me an email and we'll talk offline about making it happen for you! likkerpig@mail.com

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a cheap knock off of the mtntk video. Looks hill billy, just go to radio shack and buy a computer fan for ten bucks and wire it up prob get same result as that.

Sent from my iPhone using

likkerpig

Reaction score
If you want to hit up radio shack and drop one in your sled, you have my blessing.

The reason I offered this product is because it's an AFFORDABLE alternative to spending huge money on passive vents (what are vent kits going for these days?) Sled parts are ridiculously over priced, IMHO. Additionally, the Mtntk vent is a great piece of work. A lot of thought and engineering went into it. It's a very professional product that takes time and effort to produce- that's why their product costs what it costs. I have great respect for the guys at Mtntk. Great guys offering great products.

If you don't like what's being offered, cool. I respect that. Want to bash it, go right ahead. But I would at least hope to use this forum to have an open and constructive dialogue vs name calling.

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to hit up radio shack and drop one in your sled, you have my blessing.

The reason I offered this product is because it's an AFFORDABLE alternative to spending huge money on passive vents (what are vent kits going for these days?) Sled parts are ridiculously over priced, IMHO. Additionally, the Mtntk vent is a great piece of work. A lot of thought and engineering went into it. It's a very professional product that takes time and effort to produce- that's why their product costs what it costs. I have great respect for the guys at Mtntk. Great guys offering great products.

If you don't like what's being offered, cool. I respect that. Want to bash it, go right ahead. But I would at least hope to use this forum to have an open and constructive dialogue vs name calling.
Big market with lots of room for product choices. Good work

Top Bottom