Snow conditions at robb / lovett?

Reaction score
IMG_0215.jpg IMG_0216.jpg

I'm South of Edson about 48KM and 45 km east of Robb. It's been snowing here on and off for about 6 hours. Should be real good at Robb/Lovett area.

Forgot to mention there was a dump last week in this area of about a foot and half. Was out breaking in the new Summit on the pipeline the last couple of days. More than enough snow here, so should be lots in Robb/Lovett area.

Last edited:

p.summit

Reaction score
Where is the best place to ride around robb/ lovett? was camping there this summer not sure where the best place to unload and ride would be. Are there trail maps available?

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right at the lovett staging area or grave flats, not sure about where I got my maps from.

p.summit

Reaction score
I was camping this summer at Lovett river and i hiked to the lovett staging area. From there i guess you can ride due west to find some hills. looked like there might be lots of places to ride. Wondering if you can still rent rooms at the robb hotel.

Reaction score
If you stage at the Lovett staging area you have to drive south along the main road until you cross the coal mine road (you can't miss it its made for the large coal mine trucks), past this road there are trails that head west. The entire area northwest of the staging area is now coal mine.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of driving down from whitecourt early next week to ride for the day, worth the trip? If anyone is working out that way could they report on current snow or maybe snap a pic, never ridden the area but getting the itch real bad need to go for a ride and I hear the snow ain't half bad. Is it mostly trails and old roads or are there meadows and powerlines to follow, have gps just need a point in the right direction. Thx in advance

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the area has nice meadows there is power lines great place to ride if there is snow lots of rocks on the cutlines and in the ditches .

Reaction score
Since the last time I posted there really has been no new snow, maybe an inch or two. Went out last night down a few cut-lines and a pipeline and snow had settled out quite a bit. No fluf left in it.

Reaction score
I do not know how much snow is there but Edson has alot, go south of Robb you will come to a sharp bend and the road will turn to gravel, go down the road a little ways and you should see where an old campground was(on the left), if you can stage there do it, if not cross the bridge and find a place to park. Go west to the power line and follow it south (some great hills) the powerline crosses the road and there area few more good hills. Eventually you will come to the end of the powerline and will will have to backtrack back to the road (or look for a trail that heads west) Once back on the main road you will have to follow the ditch south for miles until you pass the Lovett staging area and then cross the coal mine road. Past there look for trails that run west. We always carry a saw at this point it is mostly cutlines. If you just want to get some runtime in on the machine without much of a challenge the ditch by the paved road going to Robb is usually good south of Fickle Lake turnoff.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Im going tomorrow morning. Are you going with anyone? Ill be going @ 7 or so in the morning. Let me know if your going by yourself and maybe we can meet up. Call me @ 7870-722-3720

Reaction score
Before the snow collapsed there was well over a foot of snow in Edson and west of Edson, also northeast of Edson 50 km is a set of hills down the Tomhill Tower road. Edson is not the mountains but if your looking for snow just to get out, other than Swan Hills there is more snow in the hills south of down (Robb/Lovett) or north (SilverSummit/TomHill) every year then in just about any other area within 2-3 hours of Edmonton. Until the end of the season when there can be up to 3 ft of snow on the ground you can get by on a short track machine.

Top Bottom