Snorkel Options, Hoses etc?

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have my King quad snorkeled and used PVC 2 1/2" pipe(standard plumbing pipe) But I want to modify one part and want to use some kind of hose.

What hoses have you guys used for snorkeling? Something that is flexible, easy to clamp to make a good seal........and also something that can be close to the heat of the motor without melting(I plan on wrapping it in heat tape anyways)

I was looking at the Gregg's Distributing catalog and they have a good variety of hoses to choose from. Just wondering what's best to use.

Thanks

Glen

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used hose from Goodall rubber very flexible and easy to use heat resistant and has wire wraped inside so it won't colaps.I will try to find out what it is called and let you know.:thumbsup2:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pool vacumme hose. it is blue. very flexible and will easily withstand heat with heat tape. makes a good seal. this is what all us polaris guys use.

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pool vacumme hose. it is blue. very flexible and will easily withstand heat with heat tape. makes a good seal. this is what all us polaris guys use.

Did you use the 1.5" size? Looks like that's the big as it comes?

thanks

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I have my King quad snorkeled and used PVC 2 1/2" pipe(standard plumbing pipe) But I want to modify one part and want to use some kind of hose.

What hoses have you guys used for snorkeling? Something that is flexible, easy to clamp to make a good seal........and also something that can be close to the heat of the motor without melting(I plan on wrapping it in heat tape anyways

Glen

If you go to Home Depot they sell hose in the plumbing dept. its black, and very tough. I buy it in 100ft. lengths for projects around the house. Its flexible enough but won't make a tight 90 if thats what you need.

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you go to Home Depot they sell hose in the plumbing dept. its black, and very tough. I buy it in 100ft. lengths for projects around the house. Its flexible enough but won't make a tight 90 if thats what you need.

does yours run close to your engine anywhere? Did you wrap it in heat tape?

I will look at the stuff the next time in in Home Depot.........2 1/2 is the size I wanted.

thanks

Glen

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you use the 1.5" size? Looks like that's the big as it comes?

thanks

ya thats what size i got. nice size for running it through the quad. some pool places will sell used lengths. they usually come in 25' packages or you can buy it buy the foot. i got a used 25' length for 25 bucks.

weldor

Reaction score
Travis... Where did you find that vacuum hose?? Can you get it in 1.5"???

Rej

I got mine from the local Canadian Tire. I found that the actual Shop-Vac brand was the best (I opened a few boxes:eek:). It is more of a rubber like than a hard plastic. I don't know if you can get a 1 1/2" or not. I'm thinking you can for the smaller Shop-Vacs.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used a commercial vacuum hose from Greenline hose and fittings. It sits right next to my front exhaust manifold and I have had no problems. Here is the link to the vac hose, .
The G940 and G945 are the two they recomended for atv snorkels as they resist heat well, seal well and come in a couple different sizes.

Top Bottom