Slednecks 11!

AC4life

Reaction score
Well i just picked up slednecks 11 and once again the slednecks team have absolutely blown my mind. These guys have taken the sport to an absolutely new level each and every year and this year was no different. There was no backflips off of a cliff like jim rippey does in the 9th edition of slednecks...but chris brown and geoff kyle bust out some f**cking amazing drops offs! One measuring in @ 180 feet! Just wanted to let everyone that hasn't picked up a copy of the new slednecks or maybe has never watched one period...you are missing out!! These guys are pioneers in our industry and definetely deserve the support. They take the sport to levels that have never been seen before...from backcountry riding, hill climbing, boondocking, freestyle, ramp to landing they cover it all!!!

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome vid, also check out Sledheads 4 unreal.Lots of the footage of Brett Turcotte was filmed in Clearwater BC .The crash in his segment was frigin huge we were up there that same day and seen it.Those XP's are bomb proof.After that crash 2 pulls and he rode away.Keep on killin it Turcotte even if your on a cat.

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a pretty good video, but I thought that Slednecks 10 was a little better. Sledheads 4 was very cool, and other than the advertising, Mountain Mod Mania is a very good series.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watch and participate in a lot of action sport vids and IMO, Slednecks 11 was poor.

Now lets get more indepth review..

Great riding. Like amazing. The riders can ride. No doubt about that. What made it an extreme let down is the videography. Action sports have come A LONG way in the past few years. This vid is still stuck in the old days. Serious let down.

Now further explaination. Yes, sled videos aren't easy; because of their terrain and location, you don't have as many options, but there are still options. This video used none of them.

Riding is more than just riding.. This video just shows riding. That's the first HUGE mistake. Sports video's have moved away from this years ago. They show the bonding of friends riding, the experience, the highs and lows, the effort, the costs, the damages, the epic rides, and the coming together. Where was this? It's lost is a poorly put together video.

Who thinks of riding as just riding? Sure thats fun and part of it, but it's the experience. It's the getting together at 5 in the morning. Smelling the diesel trucks warming up, loading the sleds, the smell of a 2-stroke in the morning, the chillin at lunch time, the jokes and bugging while digging out stuck sleds.

That's one part. The next is the actual filming of it. You have to catch these moments. Catch the character of the riders, the people involved in the vids, as well as the side you don't see. The guys building the jumps, the camera people, hell, even the sponsers.

Finally, there is the taking of the video. Where are the heli-cams? Sure these are expensive as hell, but every other sport has them. Why can't sled vids incorp more of it? High definition cameras being used all the time? Cable cams? Variance in angles?

I wish sled videos would hurry up and catch up. I've seen a preview of one that had some sort of hope, but forget which one it is. I'll look it up on youtube and let you know.

I take photo's as a hobby, but I'm very interested in sports vids. I think sledding video's could be improved a lot! Maybe someday I'll get that chance to help in one. My buddy works for a company that rents equipment to Freeride Films and knows the guys very well. Maybe I should see if those guys want to kick the snowmobile industry's ass at it's own game.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't watched it yet, but the new 509 film:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmolJETW40w[/media]

Top Bottom